1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Sat Nav Map updates - SD Card?

Wrath Sep 3, 2015

1. Wrath

Wrath Registered User

Just picked up a 2011/2012 A6 with the SD card nav unit. The maps are marked as 2011 and wondered if the only way of getting uptodate maps was to pay the dealer a stupid pile of cash? I found some ebay sellers referencing activation or something.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. D3mon

D3mon Registered User

I've all but given up using the on-board nav. I'm strongly favouring Waze on my phone to be honest. I guess I'd try the Audi nav again if I was in a bind and didn't have my mobile to hand.

GRE57Y and PeteBSK like this.
  4. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Pop over, can I can show you the options you have + it would be good to see your new motor

Wrath likes this.
  5. PeteBSK

PeteBSK Registered User

@D3mon I couldn't agree more... I've got the very latest MMI+ Navigation and love the Google Earth view, but for satellite navigation/route guidance as well as the awesome "Social navigation" you absolutely cannot beat WAZE.

6. D3mon

D3mon Registered User

Now if I could only duplicate my iPhone 6 display onto the A6 dash display (RMC) I'd be laughing.
    At the moment, I have the iPhone in a Kenu Airframe, but it has to sit at the far left of the centre vents so that the phone doesn't foul the MMI screen when it moves to open/close. The position was perfect in my old A3, right next to (but not obscured by) the steering wheel.