Sat Nav installation service

• Thread starter imported_craigyjp
  • Start date
I

imported_craigyjp

Hi, I'm offering a supply and installation service of RNS-E DVD based sat nav systems for A3, A4, A6 and D2 chasis A8/S8 cars. I carry stock of HU's, TV tuners and all the bits to fit them to standard double din cars. I will not be offering facia ugrades.

Standard installation including 12 months warranty is £1000 and that will include the latest 2005 DVD, all wiring for CD changer/telephone and BOSE where applicable. VAG coding included for your car to match tyres, etc.

TV upgrades areavailable for existing TV installs when upgrading to RNS-E at a reasonable cost.

Upgrade your CD based sat nav to DVD based, older pre 2002 cars can be done, but with a few caveats regarding DIS and clusters.

PM me for details.

Interesting post, i was trying to find out installing one of these in my 2001 facelift S3, i take it that it is possible to to this in my car, do you know it there is a model that just slots in or will i need to chop about with face plate of the satnav.

regards

Chris

Chris, I read your earlier post with interest and whilst I have an A3 unit here, I think that the A6 unit is more suited to the pre 2002 cars. Yes it will need to be cut down, but it has the analogue speed pulse input required for non can bus vehicles.

As you need to generate illum etc on the can bus for the RNS-E to work correctly,on non can bus cars this can be done with an add on unit, but pushes up the price another £100 or so.

You may be lucky and have can bus on your car, if so then installation is simpler still. My S8 is a 2002 model and has a mixture of the 2 canbus and analogue. So I can pick up the signals from either.

Craig

yes, i have a digi clock/date and what i believe to be the facelift model with a single screen on the climate control module.

what are the plus points of the dvd version over the older cd one?

Hi,

I'm interested in getting an RNS-E fitted to my Sportback. It currently has the Symphony II/Bose HU so i take it its just a plug in jobby? Craig have you got stock at the moment?

thanks

How do i operate the Split screen mode map/directions option, and the
3D overviews option, i just get a normal display all the time!!

Just had a search around. It's just an optional adapter which works with the RNS-E. 385 smackers for the A3!! Are they mad?

According to Craig, posting on Tyresmoke earlier this month, the Parrot CK3300 is compatible and is about one 8th of the cost.

Here are a couple that I've done this week....

S8 RNS-E & TV upgrade (in motion mod)

crasher.jpg

A4 RNS-E upgrade from D to E

dsc00268.jpg

Hi Craig

Quick question, already have satnav + in my 98 A6 but looking at adding the TMC unit, as a friend had one in his nissan and really helped in a major accident and diverted us around it, How much do you charge ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Many thanks
George

Craig, how do you go about cutting the RNS-E to fit the A3/S3, i'm about to fit the RNS-E in my S3,
I've got a dremel. Do you cut it free hand or have you a template?

Cheers
Chris

A hacksaw and patience my friend. Undercut and then smooth down to fit.

Insert a piece of gloss black trim there like tiling trim or similar. The closest match tou can get to the dash. You can darken up the RNS-E to match using a KIWI magic polish sponge. the RNS-E absorbs the black, but the white of the buttons does not.

Craig

What RNS-E do you have, I'm guessing you bought an A6 one as this work well in older cars.

I don't have any pictures of the A3 I did, it was a while back now before I started doing installs as a service to others.

Craig

The proper version, HEX-CAN vag com lead with 5.04 software.

Craig

Hi Craig

Could you give me the price for a new A3 which already has the double din symphony unit.

Cheers

Craig
Do you do TMC units?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

You mean fit them or supply them? I haven't supplied one to anyone yet, but I've fitted a oouple.

Craig

[ QUOTE ]
You mean fit them or supply them? I haven't supplied one to anyone yet, but I've fitted a oouple.

Craig

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi Craig

sorry should have made myself clearer, do you supply and fit???

If so how much are we looking at?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

Yes I supply and fit, for your car, you already have an RNS-D installed yes?

Would the TMC be of any use to you except for the TMC nav section,you have no canbus in that car so the DIS display will not work.

Craig

[ QUOTE ]
Yes I supply and fit, for your car, you already have an RNS-D installed yes?

Would the TMC be of any use to you except for the TMC nav section,you have no canbus in that car so the DIS display will not work.

Craig

[/ QUOTE ]

I have satnav + F version ( i think?? if not G)

All I am after is the TMC to give me alternative route due to road problems/ traffic

How much am I looking at? and where do you fit?

Thanks
George

TMC units are around 150 to 200 euros with all the cables, but I need to clarify your nav system before we can say ye it will work.

Maybe you can send some pics of your nav to my email addres or post on here, NAV comes in 4 types as far as I'm aware.

BNS - DIS only, controls by hand brake
RNS-C early model double din unit
RND-D later model double dinunit DX
RNS-E DVD based latest model

Which one do you think you have?

[ QUOTE ]
TMC units are around 150 to 200 euros with all the cables, but I need to clarify your nav system before we can say ye it will work.

Maybe you can send some pics of your nav to my email addres or post on here, NAV comes in 4 types as far as I'm aware.

BNS - DIS only, controls by hand brake
RNS-C early model double din unit
RND-D later model double dinunit DX
RNS-E DVD based latest model

Which one do you think you have?

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I believe it is an RND-D, as it is CD based and i think it was taken from a 2001 audi. Hope this helps????
Thanks
George /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

This is an additional Phatnose install I did on my mates S4

phat1.jpg

phat2.jpg

I know, I resized them to 6x5 but they still seem to be big

Craig

How would i get around the fact that i have the climate panel above a gap/flip panel, cause mine is just the single din stereo CD player, like this, i know its not the best of angles but let me know what can be done please.

TDiQuatty6.jpg

You need a double din conversion to be done. Not the cheapest option on an A3, but can be done.

Once this has been achieved you can fit in an RNS-E

Craig