sat nav help

philip.levis

Reaction score
hi all just bought a 2015 audi a3 it says it has nav on the centre console but nothing comes up ive noticed a disc and cards reader in the glove box can I just buy a disc or a card with maps on it and will it just work? thanks

No, it will need to be enabled by Audi if possible. Unfortunately it says NAV on all of them but its not always enabled, if it is surely you just need to insert the NAV SD card

Well normally it will say navigation is not enabled or installed, something like that. If it is asking for the media, please insert SD card or something then it could already be installed.

Hi it says navigation not enabled so guess I would have to take it to audi £££££££££

Can I buy a mmi cable and will waze google maps work on the screen or is the mmi cable not for that as I can stream music with Bluetooth

Well if it did support video, as soon as you start moving the screen will go blank for safety. In general the AMI port was for music only, but I do seem to remember seeing some video cables for the AMI in later cars. But as I said the screen will blank unless you can get the video in motion enabled.

Is waze and Google maps video? I just wanted waze or Google nav on the screen but it's looking like it cannot be done