Sat Nav help needed

Donnythemanny

Reaction score
I plan to go to Leipzig in Germany in a few months. If I google map my route on my iPad I am given three routes. I want to maximise time on autoroutes for speed ( heh, heh) . Should I break the route down into steps to check each one before I go ? I am worried that it will take me the shortest route and I end up in the middle of a German city at rush hour wondering how to get back on track. I saw that Viamichelin app on my iPhone which I could use as a back-up or even primary sat nav.

I am going to Porsche Leipzig for a track ( half) day and a factory visit. A bucket list job, sounds like fun. Did you know that their drivers can make a Porsche Macan drift ? I wonder if my Audi would given the chance .

Thoughts anyone ?

I just had a quick fiddle with the myAudi app on my phone and you can plan the route to Leipzig, and add waypoints along the route to pre-set the route you want to take, ie. Autobahn only. Perhaps set waypoints every hundred or so miles at rest stops that you know of on the motorways along the route you want to take? Also gives a good opportunity to take a quick stop etc.

Once you have the route set on the map you can drive it using the sat nav built in the car.

Personally I just use Waze - I like how it is as real time as it gets, and it also has features that allow you to set it to prefer motorway routes etc.