Sat Nav freezing

Phil-1

Regional Rep
Reaction score
Website
www.philseagust.co.uk
Anyone had any issues with the Sat Nav freezing?
Last week I set off for a family trip to London. After a couple of miles I noticed that the map showed me as being still at home. Reset the MMI and it was fine for the next 3hours 200 miles. The next morning when I needed it the most it just showed the hotel car park. Reset it 3 times and it just would not show the correct location. Eventually after being parked for 3 hours it worked ok until I got home then stopped again.

Mine does this too, seems to fix itself if left parked for a few hours only for it to then either freeze again or forget where it is. The other day it showed me going in the opposite direction to which I was travelling.

Not sure I can be bothered with another trip to Audi to get something fixed.

Mine does this too, seems to fix itself if left parked for a few hours only for it to then either freeze again or forget where it is. The other day it showed me going in the opposite direction to which I was travelling.

Not sure I can be bothered with another trip to Audi to get something fixed.

Been told by a mechanic that it's going to be the GPS antenna on the roof, and that needs to be replaced.

There's a TPI out for this problem today. If it is this problem then it just needs a software update.

Submit a detailed DISS report for every complaint
AU0293-15

There’s a new reporting obligation for cases where customers report picture freezing affecting the operation of the MMI on A3 models with MIB 1 High preparation.

It relates to this TPI:
MIB 1 High experiencing ‘picture freezes’, MMI cannot be operated (PR No. I8G) – TPI 2039619/*.

See attachment for more info

Attachments

• Reporting obligation - A3 MMI freeze_635646958693848220.pdf
    17.3 KB · Views: 412
Reactions: Phil-1
Mine too often loses location usually when first started and when cold. Usually sorts itself out though but would reconsider getting Audi sat nav again as previous BMWs never had this issue before.