Sat Nav Disc? is it locked in?

Ashley Martin

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have a 57 plate S3 with the RNSE unit installed, I had a look on here for the answer but not so sure I have found what I was looking for.

1 Is the disc locked in the drive?
2 How do you remove it if it is?
3 How much is a replacement disc from Audi?
4 Are there any other places to buy a nav disc

Thanks for any help and sorry if I'm asking the same questions as before!!

Ash

1. Yes sometimes they are
2. Anyone with VCDS can unlock it for you or you can ask your dealership
3. Anything from 200-300 quid depending on the dealership
4. Yes, ebay of course, latest disks are more expensive of course and the rule is "if it's cheap it's probably a copy"

Last edited:
Reactions: MartayMcFly
Hit the button beside the volume control knob, then the eject button.

I think a new genuine disc is about £200, might be wrong though

****** hell thats steep!! Think I'd rather spend the money on getting lost.

What's the thought behind locking in the disk?

The answers are above from s8craig.

Last edited:
I'm glad you asked this question, Ash. The eject button does nothing for me either, so I guess mine must be locked in too. It's irritating because I'm getting a disc read error and I can't eject the disc to see if it's scratched or damaged. I guess I'll have to get mine unlocked as well :)

I'm glad you asked this question, Ash. The eject button does nothing for me either, so I guess mine must be locked in too. It's irritating because I'm getting a disc read error and I can't eject the disc to see if it's scratched or damaged. I guess I'll have to get mine unlocked as well :)

just another example of why owning a VCDS cable is so pleasurable

Is the update disc worth the money? I mean is the RNSE nav any good with updated software? I dont really rate it at the moment so not sure what to do!!

Your only going to get updated maps there is no changed to the user interface, or how the navigation works.

Is the update disc worth the money? I mean is the RNSE nav any good with updated software? I dont really rate it at the moment so not sure what to do!!

Mapping side of things, then yes its worth having latest imho, is yours still the original 07 dvd, if so then thats 5-6 years worth of road updates.

Mapping side of things, then yes its worth having latest imho, is yours still the original 07 dvd, if so then thats 5-6 years worth of road updates.

As well as this didn't the traffic management / dynamic navigation software update get added around this time. When I updated my 2006 disc for a 2010 it updated this

TMC got added in 2007, that's about it! O and the option to code for AUX in.