Santapod Visit 21/5 - My 1/4 run vid

ZeroK66

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Well I went up to pod and met with about 20 guys from www.rs246.com and had a go... first attempt since the car was completed. Results were consistent and I was pretty happy. Never got a decent launch, but they were pretty good. 60ft times were between 1.7 and 1.9 - my rest run the 60ft time was 1.9, so I know I can do better :p

Blanked_F4M5723.jpg

Blanked_F4M4661.jpg

Blanked_F4M4663.jpg

Vid clip here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZEg_pUo7Hw

1.9310 - 60ft
5.3891 - 330ft
8.1510 @ 92.74MPH - 1/8
10.4031 - 1000ft
12.4240 @ 115.06MPH - 1/4

That was my best run... had far too much wheelspin + hit the limiter in 1st - d'oh! Think my DV's are on their way out, so was suffering lag on gear changes :(

Next plan is to get a light weight flywheel which should add up to 30lbs/ft and really help on acceleration times - next time I want 11's :D

Superb time!!!!

Kicks my 13.9 into touch somewhat (though I WAS on a budget with a FWD Vauxhall) :D

The 60ft time on my 13.7 is 1.91 - I hadn't looked before. I guess the 60ft time is the indication of how efficient the launch was.

Be interesting to compare the rest of the times and see where you rip away....

1.9101 - 60ft
5.7802 - 330ft
8.8541 - 1/8 @ 79.92 mph
11.4334 - 1000ft
13.7180 - 1/4 @ 101.64mph

On that run I was next to a 04 Impreza WRX STI Type 25 (350BHP) who was dropping the clutch at 4K plus - he messed up as his 60ft was 2.2 and he got a 14.09 1/4!

Good times guys,best i ever managed in my s3 was a 13.6@106 with a 1.99s 60ft.Not taken my evo up yet but am hoping for similar results.
GSB,what power are you running?nice win against the scoob.
Zero,your car sounds awesome!

Added full breakdown of my time up above :)

Thanks for the sound comment Ryan... it is what I love about the car most. It does sound mental - some people said the best sounding car of the day - I was chuffed with that. Wish I was on the sidelines listening... :p

GSB1 said:
The 60ft time on my 13.7 is 1.91 - I hadn't looked before. I guess the 60ft time is the indication of how efficient the launch was.

Be interesting to compare the rest of the times and see where you rip away....

1.9101 - 60ft
5.7802 - 330ft
8.8541 - 1/8 @ 79.92 mph
11.4334 - 1000ft
13.7180 - 1/4 @ 101.64mph

On that run I was next to a 04 Impreza WRX STI Type 25 (350BHP) who was dropping the clutch at 4K plus - he messed up as his 60ft was 2.2 and he got a 14.09 1/4!

SO so different with Quattro traction,...................can't wait to try my S4:)

I scrabbled for grip off the line in the Astra GTE (with Quaife diff), and only achieved a 2.24 60ft,......................but romped on to a terminal speed of 107 (13.9). In a roll-on situation, the Astra was a beast, and was considerably faster than the S4 (in the dry LOL!!!).

Nice pics and video Leon. Are you going to be running at GTI International? I am going up on the Sunday if you are up for it.

Thanks to sitrials for putting the video up of us, and to katy for filming us all day! Good day ahd by all, apart from my rubbish times, since foung a few probs to sort and get that time right down.
Sounds sweet Leon

Dave... you recruiting :p - didnt know you were active on here!

ZeroK66 said:
Dave... you recruiting :p - didnt know you were active on here!

I would not say active LOL. No, I just thought people would like to see the other vids and details.

Lifes too short for forum wars :)

Can someone tell me when you do a 1/4 mile does your total time include reaction time or does the time start once you are moving and reaction time is a seperate stat ?

Steve-L said:
Can someone tell me when you do a 1/4 mile does your total time include reaction time or does the time start once you are moving and reaction time is a seperate stat ?

The time is from when you start moving. The reaction time is included separetely on your slip so if you want to compete with someone as if an out and out drag race by the book you can add it on.

Your reaction time has nothing to do with your et time.
Your et is from when your tyres break the timing beam only..
Reaction times are how quick your reaction is to the green light.
So you dont have to have good reaction times for a good run. I sit and wait for my own good time this allows you to gather your thoughts for a good launch, which is worth 1/2 a second if your not on the ball..

On rwyb days at pod you guys are running on a 4 second christmas tree light time, ie from pre staged as soon as you go into staged (which is the second twin set of ambers) as soon as you light them up you have 4 seconds before the green. You want to actually drop the clutch when you see the second from last amber. If your racing for the line and not for times then normally if you see the green light before your on the gas "YOU'VE LOST"

You can count this out when you next go. Use it to your advantage

5 grand in an s4 is the best to drop the clutch on...on mine for a whole year of drag strip on a standard s4 clutch with ko3's. 3" downpipes and 100 shot of gas.. these times might interest some of you?

Nice to see so many of you into running your cars too...
keep it up guys :icon_thumright:
Good times and some good potential there.!

These runs were on 17 aug 2003

60ft 1.733
330ft 5.121
1/8 @7.74 at 93.26mph
1/4 @12.222et at114.12mph

60ft 1.76
330ft 5.164
1/8@7.927@91.70mph
1/4@12.339@111.62mph

60ft 1.857
330ft 5.2
1/8@8.004@89.77
1/4@12.522@111.72mph

and so on and so on:icon_thumright:

Holy smokes, 12.2222 is a cracking time. What power do you have with a 100 shot? I know nothing about NOS :(

Your 1.73 60ft time is about the same as mine (1.76). Is that the best one you've done?

What other work have you done on the car to get the time please?

We have the thread running on rs246 (link above) would you mind posting all this up in there please? It will generate a lot of interest.

David

Wow... fantastic results with just a shot of NOS - amazing what that can do for times. I cant really run NOS on my car as I will kill my rods, I am at the MAX the engine can take without uprating internals sadly :(

i have a set of rs4 rods and pistons going 4 next to nothing if you want them leon

im sure you would also be ok on your car still to run nos as long as you dont go to silly with the jetting and keep it running rich..

still im impressed with your 12.4 thats very good..
as much as i would love to see you running 11's i dont think your going to get there no matter how hard you launch it or how much you can shave off you 60ft and 330ft.

take you seats out and reduce some weight and you might but just to loose another half a sec your going to have to push very very hard..
ive been drag racing s4's for many years now and its just to heavy to go quicker without doing some drastic weight reduction

still id love you to prove me wrong ?

when are you thinking of going to pod next?
id like to come and see myself
give you a few pointers:icon_thumright:

sitrials said:
whos video??
thanks for credit!

A: Didnt realise this was your vid
B: Didnt realise public content on youtube was "owned" by anyone

Anyway... thanks for putting the vid together! Its a nice compilation of the days activities

Satans... I want to know more about your setup! Hope to hear about it!!

I only saw it when DavidT had posted it up, I was not sure where he got it from... d'oh!! Sorry mate... thanks for putting it up :D

ZeroK66 said:
I only saw it when DavidT had posted it up, I was not sure where he got it from... d'oh!! Sorry mate... thanks for putting it up :D

Makes no odds to me, but that's not so Leon, you posted it here days before I saw it :(

When is this noggy car gonna run then ?

Oh... so who posted it then? d'oh!

I wanna see it run!! 9 seconds yes please!

Having bottom end rebuild again I believe. Doh!
:sob:

Replaced the throttle body boot today, was a big split in it. Wouldn't mind a pressure test and vagcom check on it though. I'm off to greece on friday though for a week, I'll pm you when we're back if you want, see if we can sort summit out then.
Cheers

well the clutch has now finally been made and i should have it by monday next week so i can now work out a total set up hight of the clutch basket and release bearing. we can then get the flywheel machined up and were nearly ready to start the busy task of dropping the lot in??

watch our gallery for new pics as they come.....:icon_thumright: