San Nav Plus Retro fit

foremansci

Reaction score
At last, I've installed my e-bay sourced Nav Plus unit in my 2005 B6 Audi A4 Avant. I've used the plug and play adapter but have not used VAG-Com to change vehicle settings.
State of play is:

Unit displays map and will locate my position. When I start to travel the map displays my position but is always slightly behind my actual position.

I don't get any voice instructions. Should I? That's how little I know about this unit. Does it give voice instructions at junctions etc?

Will the VAG-Com modification sort out these problems? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

also have you got your navi voice volume turned off? theres a setting in the nav somewhere, or press the info button whilst in navigation and turn your leff volume knob up.

It may be just calibrating its self, I fitted one in my friends Golf and it took a couple of hours to set up and start talking, whereas mine worked straight away.

Yes...although it looks like a copy and not an original. It has 2004 written on it.

It could be something to do with it not receiving a speed signal. Although I thought that the plug & play connection took the Gala speed signal.

The speed signal wont affect navi's speech, only the screen when watching DVD's etc,

also where have you put the GPS antenna? have you checked through your menu to see how many satillites the navi unit has picked up, it needs at least three to work.

navplus.us guys are great. sounds like you are most of the way there. The volume of the voice is set in the sound settings of the rns, and also when the voice speaks, the volume control alters it also.

[ QUOTE ]
Just buy a tomtom!

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, I had a ttg and now I've got RNS-E, there's no comparison. Once you've had the RNS-E, you'll realise what a pita tt is.

I decided to get a new Plug&Play connector as the existing one had been chopped about. Now I have a new problem in that the system seems to have muted and is constantly showing 'phone' at the top of the navigation screen or 'phone' on the radio screen.

Help!!!!!

Hold radio & setup for 10 secs to reset the unit, one of mine did this and just needed resetting.

you need to adjust some settings with vag com. does you audi have bose? i ahd the same problem with mine. the navi unit is set up for a different sound system.
the reason the postion is wrong is also a setting that you need to set up.
i will post the install web site up later its were i got all my information from. mine works fine now.