1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Samsung & Android Auto

larbel Dec 24, 2019

1. larbel

larbel Registered User

Anyone using Android Auto with Samsung phone? On my Galaxy Fold, if I plug it in direct to the USB port, AA launches on the phone but not MMI even tho it's trusted... If I hook up the phone to the wireless Carplay adapter first then the USB port and AA launches on MMI just fine... Anyone else having issue with Samsung phones and AA with MMI?

Also, on the new AA interface, there's no way to control it with the rotary dial or buttons, do you guys all just control it on the phone? On my other car with Android headunit, am able to control it with the touch screen, just thought it's strange that it HAS to work thru touch screen?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. davethaboss

davethaboss Registered User

Dude, my situation is way worse. I have a LG G7 ThinQ and periodically when connected to my car, it will just restart itself. Other times the connection just drops.

I would reinstall your Android Auto and clear the cache of the rpevious install. I did that for myself and it worked for a short time. Then my phone started going to again. Might just be an LG issue on my end idk.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

4. Khufu

Khufu Registered User

ive an old Note 3 (running custom note 7 OS) and i have no issues. When i connect it to USB it brings up option to connect in the connection manager. When connected, the rotory knob works fine for moving about the screen.

5. Adam14

Adam14 Registered User

Can't control AA through the phone when connected to the car. All done through the MMI wheel, had zero issues when using my Samsung S9+ and none on my new phone (OnePlus 7T Pro)

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

6. larbel

larbel Registered User

Hmm... Interesting, I have an old Note 4 but it behaves the same as my current Fold, but the latest AA won't install on the old Note, what version AA you have on your Note 3 and I'm talking about the new interface? Old one works fine...

Are you using the new or old interface? Old one works fine for me too, it's when I switched to the new interface...

7. Adam14

Adam14 Registered User

Used new for both, no issues at all. Updated early to the new version as well.

8. Khufu

Khufu Registered User

I'm on version 4.9.594933 and using the new interface.

9. rhombass

rhombass Registered User

Could you please tell us about wireless adapter you are using? :)
    I was searching for wireless adapters for AA, but the only thing I was able to find was some swedish carplay adapter, but they say it is not compatible with AA. :)

10. larbel

larbel Registered User

The adapter I'm using only works with iPhone for wireless connection, AA still wired....

11. rhombass

rhombass Registered User

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. larbel

larbel Registered User

14. rhombass

rhombass Registered User

15. Adam14

Adam14 Registered User

Wireless AA relies more on the hardware of the car/receiver as opposed to the phone. Most modern phones will support wireless AA (android 8.0 and above I'd guess).

The actual units use the WiFi of the car and the phone to get wireless AA to work.

16. larbel

larbel Registered User

The adapter itself specified it doesn't support wireless AA, it's only for wireless Carplay and WIRED AA... I have Galaxy Note Edge and Galaxy Fold, never been able to get AA running (Wired or wireless) direct with MMI, only can get AA running wired to the adapter...

17. makelja

makelja Registered User

What I have understood AA supports only wired in Audi devices. It is due to Audi's specs.
    Wireless is supported with Android after market players.

18. larbel

larbel Registered User

There is AA wireless coding in 5F, and wireless AA is working on Q8... Just matter of if the actual function is in 8V MMI2 itself...