samco hoses

adrian2006uk

Reaction score
looking at getting some samco hoses as concerns about the standard pipes collapsing
how many pipes do i need to change and the best place to get them from

changing the intake pipe will cure colllapsing as this is the vacume side of the system so 1 pipe there. but there are more by the intercoolers you can change too but this is a + pressure side so wont collapes.:icon_thumright:

Which hose is the one you are talking about? Where is the "intake pipe"?
Is it the one on the drivers side at the front of the engine?

looking at the very cool picture below:
the Hose thats going from your airbox(top right) to the turbo is the one that can collapse under suction as i have seen in a video or 2.
the other hose route as so...
hard pipe (round the engine) to the rubber hose (front left) goto the front left intercooler and then a connection to a hardpipe (bottom of the engine bay) to the other intercooler then another hose (bottom right) that leads to your inlet manifold.
these can expand under high boost pressures but are more than sufficent for a standard S3.

Hope that helps!

Just so l am absolutely sure you are talking about the same problem:

The "intake pipe/hose" likely to collapse, (especially when a Revo remap is fitted), is the one at the back of the engine, closest to the bulkhead next to the Diverter valve where it says "5V Turbo"?

I'll get it eventually.....

hello just to make sure i order the correct pipe as only need to change one that might collapse is this the correct pipe
FM225IND.jpg

i've been running the std. hose for quite a while now and have had no problems...
but the samcos do look cool :icon_thumright:

and BTW, thats the right code.oh, and they only fit the cars that have ESP...

A collapsing hose is not as common a thing as its made out to be. Silicone TIPs are generally little more than a cosmetic thing. Dropping a metal sleeve down the existing top will do just as good a job.

So you don't think it is worth replacing that hose?

Since I've had my S3 Revo re-mapped, l have a little "fluttering" when accelerating hard in 3rd gear - not a hesitation or misfire though. I've had a new MAF fitted and that hasn't helped. l'm going to replace the spark plugs with new NGK's but several people have said to look at replacing that hose.

Although it is difficult to describe how it feels, it could easily be a hose momentarily collapsing and then 'regaining' its shape.

There seems to be so many owners out there suffering a similar issue but no-one seems to know for sure what causes it. Most people say replace the MAF and that will cure it but it hasn't !

Is there some kind of checklist that I (and others) can go through by process of elimination until it's sorted?

What exactly is VAG.com and how does it work?

I haven't replaced my MAF and have no samco or new dv and all I experiance is the air being sucked in at volumes when booting it but I'll check the third gear thing tomorrow

if you are going to replace pipes. Do the small ones for the DV an n75 that run from the large main metal turbo outlet pipe. seen 2 s3's fail here due to excessive heat.

Also y shaped breather hose on cam cover seems to be weak spot.