Saloon V Spokes vs Sportback

Tom.H

Reaction score
Alright guys, does anybody know off hand if the saloon V Spokes are the same as those on the Sportback (offset etc)?

Yes Tom it should be cast on the inside of a spoke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Neil C
Yes Tom it should be cast on the inside of a spoke

Cheers Rob, supposing it's slightly different on the saloon, would it be much of an issue only having 1 saloon wheel on the rear? Will only be a temporary measure while one of the wheels is being refurbished. Wheels are not my speciality!

Reactions: Rob2k68
Cheers Rob, supposing it's slightly different on the saloon, would it be much of an issue only having 1 saloon wheel on the rear? Will only be a temporary measure while one of the wheels is being refurbished. Wheels are not my speciality!

I would be very surprised if Audi have made an almost identical style wheel a different offset between Saloon and S/B. S3 to S4 V spoke then yes that makes sense.

5 star twin spoke 19 is ET51 and wing arm ET49 so those styles are only 2mm different so it makes no sense to me making 2 wheels of the same style for essentially the same car - but if they are as you say as a temporary measure on the rear it should be fine mate.

I think Audi made the 10 spokes different between S/B and Saloon but that’s 18” and only 7.5” wide so would look lost on the Saloon.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Tom.H
I would be very surprised if Audi have made an almost identical style wheel a different offset between Saloon and S/B. S3 to S4 V spoke then yes that makes sense.

5 star twin spoke 19 is ET51 and wing arm ET49 so those styles are only 2mm different so it makes no sense to me making 2 wheels of the same style for essentially the same car - but if they are as you say as a temporary measure on the rear it should be fine mate.

I think Audi made the 10 spokes different between S/B and Saloon but that’s 18” and only 7.5” wide so would look lost on the Saloon.

Cool, cheers Rob. Got a mate who is happy to lend me one. It'll be sat idle for a week but I'd rather have it looking decent still than with the space saver on, plus I've got to pick the wheel up when it's done and don't fancy being limited to 50mph when 99% of the roads are 70mph!

Reactions: Rob2k68
Cool, cheers Rob. Got a mate who is happy to lend me one. It'll be sat idle for a week but I'd rather have it looking decent still than with the space saver on, plus I've got to pick the wheel up when it's done and don't fancy being limited to 50mph when 99% of the roads are 70mph!

Will be fine mate for what you have planned

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Tom.H
Will be fine mate for what you have planned

Great stuff, cheers for the help! Good thing about forums, the guy lending me the wheel is a guy I met through the R32oc years back!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06