Saloon paint correction

Stevier88

Reaction score
So after doing a stage 2 correction a few weeks ago while washing the car I noticed the paint still had some pretty bad marring that only showed up in the sunlight. So it gave me the excuse to get some new stuff and carry out another polish.

Applied menzerna super finish by DA
Applied angelwax glaze by DA
Finished off with Victoria concours wax

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Reactions: Rob2k68, azibux1, ScottishA4B9 and 1 other person
A stage 2 machine polish

Stage 1 - using a cutting polish and cutting pad to remove all scratches/swirls etc.

Stage 2 - using a finishing polish with a polishing pad (light cut) to remove all marring, holograms etc. Leaving a glossy finish ready for your wax/sealant

Ah so the Megs 205 didn't work quite so well in the end...? I actually have Mez Ultra Fine finishing polish (think its slightly different to yours..) so will give it another go trying to get rid of the holograms. Wish I had time today as the sun was glorious!

Looks amazing mate though great job :)

Ah so the Megs 205 didn't work quite so well in the end...? I actually have Mez Ultra Fine finishing polish (think its slightly different to yours..) so will give it another go trying to get rid of the holograms. Wish I had time today as the sun was glorious!

Looks amazing mate though great job :)
I wasn't blown away with megs 105 or 205 mate. The only thing that really shifted the scartches was scholl s30 and was after a
More glossy finish than the megs finishing polish so went for menzerna which was great .

Had a bit of sun today so went out to check the paint and no scratches, holograms or marring in sight.

Reactions: DrEskimo
I wasn't blown away with megs 105 or 205 mate. The only thing that really shifted the scartches was scholl s30 and was after a
More glossy finish than the megs finishing polish so went for menzerna which was great .

Had a bit of sun today so went out to check the paint and no scratches, holograms or marring in sight.

Keep hearing good things about Scholl. Does it work well with standard MF/Hex pads?

Keep hearing good things about Scholl. Does it work well with standard MF/Hex pads?
I found the best results were with scholl ( it was scholl s2 extra heavy cut not s30 btw) and an orange hex pad for cutting then menzerna with a white hex pad for polishing and finishing. I've not tried it with mf pads but sure it would work as they're better at cutting than foam pads

Reactions: DrEskimo