Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
VAG Can Professional
ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)
Reaction score
Website
vagcarcoding.com
Hoping someone can help...

Am looking to change the alarm LED in my Saloon to a brighter LED and a blue colour, a mod which was easy on my old 8P. In order to complete this on there 8V it seems that I need to remove the drivers door card as the LED is seated inside a plastic mount which is much bigger than the hole it pokes through. Had a little look and it seems that 90% of the screws are hidden.

Would anyone able to advise on how best to remove the card?

Many thanks in advance for any help!

I took off the door card in my sportback the other day. 5 screws (easy to find if you look) and a strong pull from the bottom.

Thanks for the heads up Silky-S3, however I can only see 1 screw, just below the grab handle in the centre of the door card. Have checked all the edges of the card and cannot see anything. Am guessing the screws are hidden behind trim parts?

This is a photo is what I can see, with the only visible screw highlighted within the Red circle:

12388630565_eeb56cf18c.jpg

Last edited:
Well I managed to locate x2 more screws, behind the speaker grill next to the grab handle:

12406386345 31dd4d5409 n

Am at a loss as to where the others could be and don't really fancy forcing anything for fear of breakage. If anyone could shed any light on this it would be very very much appreciated :)

Last edited:
Looking at Elsawin for the 8v Sportback it seems that there are two more screws behind the upper speaker grill. The speaker grills just 'prise' off according to the instructions. Here is the diagram from Elsawin...

A70 11930

Reactions: DJAlix
Thanks for taking the time to post h5djr! Is a big help :)

While I was digging around just now I also found the following:

12409100354 e7fdb985a6

Hope this helps others out also.

Managed to remove the door card this morning without issue:

1) Remove upper speaker grill (pops out with a little force). A replacement grill if original one gets broken is £8.50.
2) Remove the x2 screws which are hidden behind it.
3) Remove x1 screw which is located under the grab handle (not hidden).
4) Take deep breath and summon some bravery.
5) Starting in a bottom corner, slowly start to pull the door card away from the metal door. The card will pop out of it's retaining posts at about the time you can get your fingers behind it... and is is a loud pop!
6) The card hooks over the top of the door, so once all the retaining posts have popped you need to lift the card and unhook it from the top of the door.

Simple job, just needs some balls lol

As stated originally above I wanted to do this to change the alarm LED to another colour, brighter and for one with a wider field of vision. Unfortunately this is not as simple as the 8P mod as the new unit the LED and flasher circuit is completely sealed. It cannot be accessed without destroying the plastics. For anyone that wants to know, I just enquired about ordering an LED unit to test on and it's £24.

Reactions: Zak0123
Sorry for the delay in posting the how to mate. Been snowed under!

I did not take any photos as to be honest they are not really needed, plus you do need two hands for the job in order to make sure the card does not fall. It is as simple as remove screws, details in diagrams above, pull card, then lift card off door. If you want to remove are card completely then there is the door cable and some electrics to unclip but I did not need to do this for what i needed to complete.

If Silky-S3 does not get a guide up I will pop out take some pics.

Reason why I'm asking is that if I want to add door lighting or upgrading the speakers to b&o then I know I don't need to get additional wiring and just the 'modules' to do the mods.

You will need new door cards for B&O if you want the light strip.

And they are around £310 each!!!

I'm starting to think Audi replaced my entire door card last year when I had some of the B&O light trim peel off. All I know is they ordered in a new 'trim' and it took about 20 mins to fit. Seems a bit crazy that it can't be broken down into smaller parts!

I'm starting to think Audi replaced my entire door card last year when I had some of the B&O light trim peel off. All I know is they ordered in a new 'trim' and it took about 20 mins to fit. Seems a bit crazy that it can't be broken down into smaller parts!

It's probably done the way it at the request of B+O to stop people just upgrading the strips so that if the strips and the speaker trim say B+O it really is a B+O system.

How are the B&O light strips powered? Do they have their own power supply?

Reactions: 5pot and rcnacura