Saloon boot supported weight?

Liquidfusion-S3

I fall to peer pressure!
Reaction score
Anyone know how much weight the saloon boot liner/floor can hold?
Planning to pick up some tile adhesive which will weight approx 5 x 20kg (100kg).

Any chance it will hold?

Don't know really, but it sounds quite heavy. I think I would make two journeys or get it delivered.

Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3
Surely it's only the center of the floor where the spare tyre sits where it may flex, so if you spread out the load it should be fine. if it's adjustable, put it in the lowest position.

Admittedly not the same car, I've put over 100kg in the boot of my Golf before and had no problems.

Anyone know how much weight the saloon boot liner/floor can hold?
Planning to pick up some tile adhesive which will weight approx 5 x 20kg (100kg).

Any chance it will hold?

I had 13 bags x 25 kg in the back of my A6 saloon boot with no problem so I should think you will be fine if you spread it out.

It takes the weight of the Cabrio Roof / Rear Glass Window and all the electrical gubbings that go with it.
And a couple of bags of Asda Shopping at the same time.

Should be okay. Presume you're not travelling 100's of miles !!

'JFTWC' ...... Job For The Wife's Car !!!!!

Reactions: Brasso and Simon L
Never had any problems. Tbh didn't give it much thought.

You'll be fine with 100kg, just spread the weight as evenly as possible or maybe even consider putting the seats down to extend the load space (can u do this on a saloon?) I had 4 x 25kg Olympic bar weights in my boot the other day - no problems at all, although mine is a sportback but I can't see it being too far different as far as weight tolerances go.

Well I went to collect 3 boxes of 37kg tiles and stuck them all in the boot, that's about 111kg in total.... glad it didn't bend
Glad to know if I ever need to chuck a body in there lol

Reactions: amped2 and Blackwhite
Well I went to collect 3 boxes of 37kg tiles and stuck them all in the boot, that's about 111kg in total.... glad it didn't bend
Glad to know if I ever need to chuck a body in there lol

:eek: :p