Saloon auto open Boot Lid

Adub

Reaction score
The boot lid on my Saloon seems to only pop open every other time - usually doesn't when my hands are full!

I'm guessing it's the seals. Any tips so that'll open every time?

Car is only two weeks old.

Thanks,
A

I'd take it back to the dealer mate. Shouldn't have to be d1cking around with it 2 weeks in.

Think the saloon boot does fully open upon holding the unlock button down on the key fob for a few seconds. Could be a sticking latch or seals but maybe the dealer could adjust any assist if any built into the hinges or if spring loaded bump stops are fitted.

Thanks for the replies!

A single button press pop's the boot. Press and hold opens it. Well at least it's suppose to.

May give it another week then give the dealer a call. It can be right pain.

Mine is 100% reliable, so I would take it back to the dealer if I were you. It's a really nice feature and nice to know the saloon does it but the hatches don't!!!!

yeah - 100% reliable here as well, it just works. I always use the long-hold option.

Mine's never opened up all the way on its own.

I usually use the handle under the boot lid, although when I have used the key I have to keep it pressed for a while to just open.
I think the indicators flashed when I pressed it as well.

Mine's never opened up all the way on its own.

I usually use the handle under the boot lid, although when I have used the key I have to keep it pressed for a while to just open.
I think the indicators flashed when I pressed it as well.
If it's a saloon, then you should take it to the dealer, because the boot should pop up.
If it's a hatch, then tough - one of the advantages of a saloon.

Just to make sure I'm not being thick.

How long do you guys hold down the button on the fob? Manual says 1 second or more.

If it's a saloon, then you should take it to the dealer, because the boot should pop up.

I was going from the Thread Title "Saloon auto open Boot Lid", so yes it is a Saloon.

Mine unlocks and opens minutely and then sits there.
Even when you raise it by hand, the boot mechanism is very tight / strong - no way would it pop completely open by itself.

I was going from the Thread Title "Saloon auto open Boot Lid", so yes it is a Saloon.

Mine unlocks and opens minutely and then sits there.
Even when you raise it by hand, the boot mechanism is very tight / strong - no way would it pop completely open by itself.
Sorry if I laboured the point, but I have seen some misunderstandings regarding the boot opening on the other models.
If you stand by you car and keep the middle button pressed and the boot doesn't open all the way, then you should take it down to the dealer. It's a really useful feature when your arms are full of shopping. You can open the boot from the other side of the car park!

Its a pity though that another press of the button doesn't automatically close it again, but hey no big deal.

Hold button, boot pops open fully and disarms alarm, manually shut boot when finished and alarm rearms itself. No need to unlock car before pushing boot button.
Mine opens fully every time.

My saloon doesn't do this - it just pops up like a hatchback (i.e. unlocks) then I have to manually lift it all the way up.

I'm glad I brought this up!
Going to call my dealer Friday. It's still not consistently opening fully.

Mine sometimes sticks too. I assumed it was just the seals clagging together a bit. The catch is releasing every time but the boot doesn't always open. Can't say it bothers me that much. If I could be bothered, a bit of grease on the seals would probably solve it.