Saloon A3 over the new TT

S32B

Reaction score
I was in my local Audi today and whilst I was waiting I had a look around the showroom, they had a new TT S-Line in silver...very nice inside etc. but as I stood back to look at it I noticed that along side was an S-Line A3 saloon in red, I must admit that out of the two I'd probably go for the saloon as I thought it looked nicer!!!

I must be getting old lol :D

Reactions: cuke2u and Blackwhite
S-line A3 saloon didn't look like this did it? ;) :D

669c5cf96e5bedccd33f41648c59ad76_zps4cff09ce.jpg

Reactions: Blackwhite
Well I've ordered an A3 saloon but if I didn't want a boot & I had a bigger budget and I never needed to carry more than one passenger and mpg wasn't an issue and I didn't mind being in a flying death trap I would definitely get a TT.

Reactions: Psyman79
You're only looking at £1000 more for an S3 saloon over the s-line tt and the tt is only 230ps if that helps :)

I think the saloon looks awesome. I also like the new TT. But we are comparing eggs with apples here. Completely different animals. Both gorgeous in their own right but they are like chalk and cheese.

Reactions: naughts4187 and mister.c.
I like the new TT cockpit. I'd feel like Schumacher right before I smashed into the car in front. Should have ordered the ACC...

No jokes about feeling like Schumacher afterwards as well please

If you're tempted by the Mark 3 TT head on over to the TT Forum. There are numerous problems with the new model - one guy had so much trouble that Audi UK eventually gave him his money back. Auto Express had problems with their long-termer, their Audi dealer tried twice to fix them, it went back to Audi UK who also couldn't fix the problem so they replaced the car with an identical car (except it was white). I guess any new model will have teething troubles but the Mark 3 TT seems to be having a lot!

I am always put off buying a completely new model in case I become the QC department for the maker. Maybe better to wait 12 months to let any initial problems get sorted. Having said that I do think the new TT looks great although not great enough to tempt me away from my Mark 2 .... yet!

Personally I can't see why one person's experience makes for a bad car, if that was the case I'd be telling everyone not to buy a 1.4 COD because the dmf's prematurely fail, however they don't. Most of the technology that guy is referring too has been around in different guises now for some time in other Audi's anyway.
Back OT, the saloon is a awesome looking car and I still walk up to it thinking, hell I have the best looking car out all of them on my estate...

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Psyman79
I was in my local Audi today and whilst I was waiting I had a look around the showroom, they had a new TT S-Line in silver...very nice inside etc. but as I stood back to look at it I noticed that along side was an S-Line A3 saloon in red, I must admit that out of the two I'd probably go for the saloon as I thought it looked nicer!!!

I must be getting old lol :D

The new TT would be no brainer IMO. The A3 saloon to my eyes just looks a little too anonymous, boring even, but in a good way. Having said that, none of the current A3 line up will win any style or beauty awards I suppose. I look at my S3 sometimes and think, yawn, but then if I wanted a better looking car, I'd buy a coupe... not really apples to apples I guess.

I've just chopped in my A3 for a mk3 TT and they are completely different cars yet you still know it's an Audi your driving.
No problems yet with mine, I know I may have some as I had the A3 back to the dealers about 4 times for different faults when I got it so there will always be problems unfortunately.
There are some amazing cars out there and with Audi we are lucky enough to find one that pretty much fits anyone's lifestyle.
It's what you want out of a car that will always make you choose a particular model over another.

The new TT especially the TTS is a cracking looking car far better looking than any A3.But l still prefer the A3/S3 interior over the TT's the new Virtual Cockpit looks lonely and isolated,and l definetly dont like the Climate/heated seats controls either,but if l could afforded another £5k in my budget?it would have been a TTS in Sepang/20" alloys that l would be picking up on Sunday