SAI/N249/EVAP Delete and PCV Simplified. Pro's and Con's?

Craig1.8t

Reaction score
I've already done the N249 delete using the proper guide.

How ever I want to remove the SAI (N112), EVAP and Simplify the PCV with an oil catch tank. Is it worth it?

Reason for wanting to do this is I'm having running problems with my car and I've changed near as damn it every sensor, check all pipes, timing etc you name it I've done it.

then id say its probably worth doing. i havent done it myself tbh. but enough ppl have for me to think its worth while. and at some point i will. some vent to atmosphere and some vent into the TIP. all depends if you dont mind the odd smell of oil if you vent to atmos. or run the hose to rear end! but thats alot of pipe!

Less pipe work = less chance of boost leaks.

Worth doing but make sure the sensors are left connected otherwise you get DTC errors. These can be removed in the map, but it can cause other issues in doing so.

Well worth removing though.

Seems a fair point tuffty, could I have them written out with a stage 2 remap? Or is it far more advisable to leave them plugged in?

Could failure of these components in question cause me to get unmetered air, even though there are no split pipes?

Cheers

Seems a fair point tuffty, could I have them written out with a stage 2 remap? Or is it far more advisable to leave them plugged in?

Could failure of these components in question cause me to get unmetered air, even though there are no split pipes?

Cheers

ECU needs to know they are there... had instances where fuel trims weren't adjusting properly due to them not being plugged in etc..

Personally wouldn't have them coded out... the maps and ECU's are designed to run with the basic set of 'hardware' and while you can suppress readiness and fault codes I can't see what the advantage of 'coding' them out is without knowing exactly what the ramifications of doing it are... while most tuners can say they can do it I doubt there are many if any that can say for sure what effect it would have long term on the running of the engine... If the engine develops a misfire or something or a fault that shouldn't be there you could be chasing the damn thing for ages only for it to be some random map in the ECU needs to see one of the valves under certain conditions and as it can't it the ECU just goes 'meh'....

If you want to tidy the engine bay then just extend the wires and hide the valves somewhere out the way... thats all I did with my N249 valve

Unmetered air is either an air leak past the MAF or a ******** MAF over/under reading... over/under reading MAF won't always show a fault but would make the AFR rich or lean depending...

<tuffty/>

If you want to tidy the engine bay then just extend the wires and hide the valves somewhere out the way... thats all I did with my N249 valve

Unmetered air is either an air leak past the MAF or a ******** MAF over/under reading... over/under reading MAF won't always show a fault but would make the AFR rich or lean depending...

<tuffty/>

think I will just do what you mentioned with extending wires.

As of the air leak, what I actually mean is could it be getting unmetred air from an internal leak? Its had 2 brand new MAF's so very reluctant to try a 3rd and they are genuine too.

think I will just do what you mentioned with extending wires.

As of the air leak, what I actually mean is could it be getting unmetred air from an internal leak? Its had 2 brand new MAF's so very reluctant to try a 3rd and they are genuine too.

I doubt its the MAF then... have you had a smoke test yet? they are very revealing...

<tuffty/>

Yep, came up with 1 pipe, bought new genuine fitted it, re did the smoke test, nothing what so ever. ive even gone over them all by eye and feel, everything is fine. EVAP and PCV run to the TIP this is what makes me think of internal leak?

I removed my SAI and had no fault codes...still dont to this day,even bought the resistor to wire in....

I've got a resistor hardwired in in place of the n249 and have got one plugged in in place of the charcoal canister
I made one up with 2 narrow male spade connectors and always tried it for a few weeks before hardwiring it in and just haven't got round to the charcoal canister yet ;)
Not had any adverse effects of this but do get the occasional evap fault which as far as I know is normal? :)

You lot left the n112 valve plugged in or run a resistor?

Is the n112 the valve welly unplugged and ended up causing him some fuelling issues?

Hmm, I'm gonna definitely do this on the weekend I think :)

had instances where fuel trims weren't adjusting properly due to them not being plugged in etc..

In my case, not adjusting at all.

The main culprit for this for reference is the N112, N249 being unplugged didn't affect fuelling in any way. N112 disconnection turned adaptive fuelling off completely.