Q5 Safty Recall

andy203

Q5 Black Edition
Reaction score
My Q5 has just been subject to this recall, (Audi) is recalling certain 2018-2019 Audi SQ5 and 2018-2020 Audi Q5 vehicles. The rear wheel arch cover trim may loosen and detach from the vehicle. Audi will notify owners, and dealers will replace the four clips securing the forward part of the rear wheel arch trim.
Vehicle going in tomorrow to get this done.

Reactions: 45bvtc
My Q5 has just been subject to this recall, (Audi) is recalling certain 2018-2019 Audi SQ5 and 2018-2020 Audi Q5 vehicles. The rear wheel arch cover trim may loosen and detach from the vehicle. Audi will notify owners, and dealers will replace the four clips securing the forward part of the rear wheel arch trim.
Vehicle going in tomorrow to get this done.

a1 ALERT :thumbs up:

Just collected my Q5 after the following recall works were completed: 66K7 & 66K8

66K7 is to fit additional clips and one screw to the rear wheel arch covers, and 66K8 is to fit one additional screw to the front lower edge of the front wheel arch covers.

Whilst this work was undertaken, they also replaced the drivers external door handle entry/exit LED light that intermittently failed to operate.

Overall, very pleased with the service and communication received by Southampton Audi :icon thumright::icon thumright:

Just collected my Q5 after the following recall works were completed: 66K7 & 66K8

66K7 is to fit additional clips and one screw to the rear wheel arch covers, and 66K8 is to fit one additional screw to the front lower edge of the front wheel arch covers.

Whilst this work was undertaken, they also replaced the drivers external door handle entry/exit LED light that intermittently failed to operate.

Overall, very pleased with the service and communication received by Southampton Audi :icon thumright::icon thumright:

I just had my rear arch wheel cover recall done during November whilst the car was in for its first service at 2 years/10k miles. Carried out by Oxford Audi (Marshalls). Very pleased with this dealership.

Interesting comment Peter. Audi Oxford tried to get me to book my car in for a service after one year and 10k by sending a text and email. I thought this was a bit soon as the MyAudi app said it was not due for another year. I spoke to Audi Reading who confirmed to me that the interval is 2 years or 18 k miles. Confirms my experience with Oxford Audi previously, I am afraid.

I will be getting the recall work done in 2 weeks in Reading, close to where I work.

Did people get informed by Audi that the work was required?

Interesting comment Peter. Audi Oxford tried to get me to book my car in for a service after one year and 10k by sending a text and email. I thought this was a bit soon as the MyAudi app said it was not due for another year. I spoke to Audi Reading who confirmed to me that the interval is 2 years or 18 k miles. Confirms my experience with Oxford Audi previously, I am afraid.

I will be getting the recall work done in 2 weeks in Reading, close to where I work.

Did people get informed by Audi that the work was required?

Yes, I got a letter from Audi informing me of this recall work, which I had carried out about one month ago.