Safety System Fault

Jimouk

Reaction score
So this happened today....

In with Audi on Thursday, has this happened to anyone else?

Attachments

• IMG_6571.JPG
    IMG_6571.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,493
It's deffo an air bag fault, not sure which one though, the lights in the over head cluster go off as normal. Just left with the dash light and the warning on the virtual cockpit! See what they say on Thursday, wouldn't mind but got loads of miles to do this week!

Actually, in looking through the manual, it might not be an airbag issue but even the pedestrian protection system. They should be able to tell from the fault code what it is...

Ah ok, cheers for that, that might be why the Audi pre sense has been beeping at me less over the last week or so?!

More than likely, have you checked the sensor, radar or camera's isn't blocked

Yeah checked everything I can see, nothing looks out of placed or blocked, will see what they say on Thursday.

My Pre-Sense has been giving a warning for a while now, going in at the end of December for a software update to a camera however, the warning that is coming up is different from that.

Worth noting that if there is pretty much any fault stored in the ECU pre sense will be deactivated. The first sign of the infamous thermostat failure on the S4 is a warning popping up to say pre sense is faulty. So pre-sense may well be fine its just been deactivated by some other fault.

Sorted? what was the diagnosis? Just wondered, Cheers.

:)

I’ve managed to resolve this by cleaning the front Radar and connection with Contact Cleaner and a Microfibre cloth. Simple fix, you just need to take the Slam Panel trim cover off first which is easy.