Safe pre-wash for ceramic coating

Simonwhite2000

840i GC
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for a pre-wash that is safe to use with a ceramic coating?

When we had our golf ceramic coated the detailers told us to use PH neutral stuff

Personally I use BH auto foam as a prewash.
Doesn't foam as much as a snow foam.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SPIKE_
Personally I use BH auto foam as a prewash.
Doesn't foam as much as a snow foam.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
Second this. The best SF I’ve used to date, and a great prewash for any car.

Reactions: Jimbob76
BH Autofoam all the way. It has been tested so many times to be the best.
No matter what you have on your car, sealant, wax or ceramic coating.

I’ve started to use bilt hamber auto wash shampoo as my snow foam as well.
Foams superbly, a lot better and more effective than their snow foam.
Car is coated in cqaurtz uk 3.0.
Leave this on the car and start to wash the car with the usual two bucket method rather than rinse it off.
Results have been great

I’ve started to use bilt hamber auto wash shampoo as my snow foam as well.
Foams superbly, a lot better and more effective than their snow foam.
Car is coated in cqaurtz uk 3.0.
Leave this on the car and start to wash the car with the usual two bucket method rather than rinse it off.
Results have been great

Funnily enough I've been thinking about doing exactly this, i.e. using BH Auto Foam as the pre-wash snow foam (as per usual), but then experimenting with using BH Auto Wash (i.e, the regular shampoo that you'd mix up in yer wash bucket) diluted (of course) through the SF lance at a decent PIR, then leave it on the car and wash using the usual 2 bucket method. Need to muck about with dilution ratios, but good to hear I'm not crackers thinking about doing this, Lol.

Thought came about after using Auto Glym's Polar Wash (shampoo dispensed via SF lance - decent winter wash method when you can't be completely *****, but I'm now demoting this to a wheel wash method, as it's not as good a shampoo as BH AW).

@Simonwhite2000 + as many thumbs up as I have (that'll be 2 then) for BH Auto Wash as a shampoo for any coating you have on your car. Not the most 'suddsy', but it cleans VERY well, is PH neutral and does a good job of refreshing any coating you're using to protect your paint.

Reactions: DW81
BH Autofoam all the way!

Then Carpro Reset followed by Reload.

Autofoam doesn’t foam as much as some but IMO does a better pre-clean.

Funnily enough I've been thinking about doing exactly this, i.e. using BH Auto Foam as the pre-wash snow foam (as per usual), but then experimenting with using BH Auto Wash (i.e, the regular shampoo that you'd mix up in yer wash bucket) diluted (of course) through the SF lance at a decent PIR, then leave it on the car and wash using the usual 2 bucket method. Need to muck about with dilution ratios, but good to hear I'm not crackers thinking about doing this, Lol.

Thought came about after using Auto Glym's Polar Wash (shampoo dispensed via SF lance - decent winter wash method when you can't be completely *****, but I'm now demoting this to a wheel wash method, as it's not as good a shampoo as BH AW).

@Simonwhite2000 + as many thumbs up as I have (that'll be 2 then) for BH Auto Wash as a shampoo for any coating you have on your car. Not the most 'suddsy', but it cleans VERY well, is PH neutral and does a good job of refreshing any coating you're using to protect your paint.

There’s a chap on YouTube I watched doing this, obsessed garage and his reasons were very valid and made sense.
I tried it, it works. Happy days