Sadly not joining the club anytime soon! :( but all is not lost

Joe4842

Reaction score
So as a few of you may know,

I have been pestering the forums for the past month or two asking quite a lot of questions and asking for opinions as I had been looking into getting an S3 (Daytona sportback was the goal!)however I have completely jumped ship....

Just went and traded my old car in for a Ford Fiesta ST200! :) picked it up on Wednesday and im loving every minute of it! just want to get home from work and drive every night lol. So for now the S3 is on hold for maybe 2 years or so but I will still be checking the forums as I still love the car and the people on here!.

Thanks to anyone who has gave me advice or pointers over the last few months!

Joe

Reactions: GSB, FBF01, Jassyo06 and 4 others
Enjoy the new toy, I bet its on rails ! I had a fiesta about 25 years ago, it was a surprisingly good drive, and just a 1.1 !

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Joe4842
Out of interest, why the switch to the fiesta?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoy the new toy, I bet its on rails ! I had a fiesta about 25 years ago, it was a surprisingly good drive, and just a 1.1 !

yeah probably hasn't got the grip of the Quattro (im not 100% sure though) but it has serious amounts of grip! quite a strange sensation when on the tyres grip limit, seems to understeer slightly, then grip again and then that makes the back go slightly too! I haven't got the guts to turn esc off yet but the dealer told me its rear end will go before the front which is strange for a front wheel drive car! im loving it though, absolute pleasure to drive :)

Reactions: Jassyo06
Out of interest, why the switch to the fiesta?

Hi Joe,

so just to clarify I didn't actually come from an audi, my previous car was another fiesta (1.0 zetec s 125bhp) 15 plate, was a lovely little car and quite sporty for a first car (im only 18). so I had test drove an s3 but being only 18 the parents weren't so keen on the idea of me getting a 310 bhp car and I wasn't going to cause friction by getting it regardless, so I test drove the st200 and it was a happy medium 197bhp or 212 on overboost (don't ask how it works I haven't a clue!) its very similar to my old car except it has some nice and surprisingly comfy Recaro's and a general higher spec than mine, higher spec than an ST-3 in fact :) as well as the unique colour and alloys that only come with the limited edition ST200. it has considerably stiffer suspension which probably accounts for the large amounts of grip. overall its a fun little go kart as it only weights just over a tonne.

Reactions: KenL, Jassyo06 and Sandra
Well in that case I think it was the sensible choice! You'll, I'm sure, get an S3 or something similar in a few years and in the meantime not line the pockets of the insurance companies with your massive premium! Fiesta gets a good write-up as a drivers car, so I'm sure you'll love it

Reactions: Joe4842 and Sandra
Good choice, a cracking little car.

@Joe4842 well done mate,the ST200 A pricey little beast and in limited numbers so it should hold its value very well indeed compared to the vanilla ST...2 years time you say?perfect timing for the ALL NEW S3.....As that car should be in the showrooms by then.....enjoy yer Pocket Rocket

Reactions: Joe4842 and Sandra
Congrats on the new car mate, hats off to you. At 18 I had a fiesta 1.6si 16v, 90bhp and wing back seats!
Looked at the ST180 a few years back, great wee gokart. Enjoy, plenty of time to get an S3.

Just don't drive like the 18yr old tit in our street with an ST180, doesn't slow for speed bumps and revs it till all hours as it's got a dump valve fitted(whoosh whoosh).
But worst of all drives with the bonnet not closed right to allow more air in apparently.

Now back in the day you just made do with a K&N cone filter with fexi pipe sticking out below the bumper and a Peco big bore 4 to make a bit of noise........... oh the memories!

Get some pics up too.

Reactions: Flying Scotsman, Joe4842, BigBill and 1 other person
Reactions: AudiNutta
Reactions: Joe4842, Jassyo06 and AudiNutta
So as a few of you may know,

I have been pestering the forums for the past month or two asking quite a lot of questions and asking for opinions as I had been looking into getting an S3 (Daytona sportback was the goal!)however I have completely jumped ship....

Just went and traded my old car in for a Ford Fiesta ST200! :) picked it up on Wednesday and im loving every minute of it! just want to get home from work and drive every night lol. So for now the S3 is on hold for maybe 2 years or so but I will still be checking the forums as I still love the car and the people on here!.

Thanks to anyone who has gave me advice or pointers over the last few months!

Joe
Enjoy your new car. Pics please Joe.

Reactions: Joe4842
Just when I thought a topic in the 8V forum might actually avoid straying from the original post....boom

I'm sorry, you've lost me. The thread is about ordering a Fiesta ST and my post was about the Fiesta ST. Whereabouts exactly did I go off topic?

Now, you've lost me, don't recall saying 'off topic'
Ranting on about the residuals because of someone else's comment, does it really matter given the original post.

I'm 48, but as a young lad I had a XR2, XR2i & XR3i and loads of fun.

Then I found VW, then onto Audi, never looked back, all grown up now...............................

(drive a A3 2.0tdi 170bhp remapped to 205bhp lol)

Reactions: Audi Bairn, BarryG79 and KenL
Fiesta ST wins every review for its handling. Enjoy and stay safe.

Reactions: Joe4842 and Jassyo06
Well in that case I think it was the sensible choice! You'll, I'm sure, get an S3 or something similar in a few years and in the meantime not line the pockets of the insurance companies with your massive premium! Fiesta gets a good write-up as a drivers car, so I'm sure you'll love it

Strangely, a fiesta st would cost me more to insure than my S3... £4000.

...being only 18 the parents weren't so keen on the idea of me getting a 310 bhp car and I wasn't going to cause friction by getting it regardless, so I test drove the st200 and it was a happy medium 197bhp or 212 on overboost...

This is the second time I've heard this argument about concerned parents, and its ****** ridiculous. Does having children make you bad at maths? An ST200 is considerably lighter than an S3 and has a power to weight ratio that is damn near identical. (Well, identical to the slightly lardy S3 Cabrio, the lightest S3 variant squeezes a handful of extra ponies per tonne, but it's not a huge difference). Both cars have Bhp/tonne ratios far in excess of the hot hatches that started the genre, and indeed in excess of many of those that still continue to define it like the Golf GTi. Who would have thought a humble fiesta, and "not even" an RS model at that, would one day eclipse the mighty Sierra RS Cosworth in its ability to hurl itself at the scenery...

Anyway, the ST fiesta is a brilliant car. It might have a low-rent blue collar badge on its grille, but the chassis dynamics, damping, steering, fun and soul of the thing put the S3 in the shade. Enjoy it Joe, its a very very good little car.

Reactions: pastey, Joe4842, Jassyo06 and 3 others
Now, you've lost me, don't recall saying 'off topic'
Ranting on about the residuals because of someone else's comment, does it really matter given the original post.

"Straying from the original post" then. Do they not mean the same thing on your planet?

Anyhow, given your alien view of my opinion, which I believe I am perfectly free to express on a public forum, I was not "ranting on about residuals" (in fact, if I'm going to be as pedantic as you, I never mentioned the word residuals), but merely pointing out that buying an outgoing model might not be the best idea...

yeah probably hasn't got the grip of the Quattro (im not 100% sure though) but it has serious amounts of grip!

Did see one at one point going through a roundabout at some speed. How the hell it got round I'll never know. Velcro maybe.
Sure Joe will it enjoy it though:racer:

@Joe4842 well done mate,the ST200 A pricey little beast and in limited numbers so it should hold its value very well indeed compared to the vanilla ST...2 years time you say?perfect timing for the ALL NEW S3.....As that car should be in the showrooms by then.....enjoy yer Pocket Rocket

Im sure that idea will be on the cards in two years time buddy! got the car as an ex demonstrator, 850 miles and £4.25k cheaper than the price of a brand spanker. 2 years of enjoying this baby for now though! don't think I will get bored of the power increase and cornering ability anytime soon!

Reactions: Flying Scotsman, Jassyo06 and richinsoton
Really? A Ford without an RS badge holding its value? Really??

The current Fester has already had its replacement announced, so this car will be the old model in the very near future and said replacement has the 200PS as standard...

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2017-ford-fiesta-st-officially-revealed
yeah im not expecting it too hold a mass of money but should still get a decent return in two years time, im not sure how appealing a 1.0 litre 200 bhp hairdryer will be... either way it wont prevent me from enjoying the car! all cars lose money and as a car lover its what we do!

yeah im not expecting it too hold a mass of money but should still get a decent return in two years time, im not sure how appealing a 1.0 litre 200 bhp hairdryer will be... either way it wont prevent me from enjoying the car! all cars lose money and as a car lover its what we do!

1.0? 1.6 you mean?

New one is a 1.0, but not sure they're actually in the showrooms yet. Existing stock definitely uses the 1.6.

Are they?

The 140hp car is a 1.0, the current ST is a 1.6 and the latest ST just released (very ugly) is a 1.5.

I'm a very big fan of the MK7.5 ST, a stunning car. I'm hoping I will get to drive one at some point.

Are they?

The 140hp car is a 1.0, the current ST is a 1.6 and the latest ST just released (very ugly) is a 1.5.

I'm a very big fan of the MK7.5 ST, a stunning car. I'm hoping I will get to drive one at some point.
Ah yes, my mistake. New ST will be a 1.5 litre 3 pot turbo. Current one is 1.6 four cylinder.

Reactions: AudiNutta
New fiesta St will not be available til next January so the head of Ford motorsport Europe said in a interview at the Geneva motorshow

https://www.carwow.co.uk/news/new-ford-fiesta-st-price-specs-release-date-3026

"Will be powered by an all-new 197hp 1.5-litre Ecoboost engine"

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2017-ford-fiesta-st-officially-revealed

:p

And wow is it disgusting, what the hell were they thinking!!!! It's worse than the headlights on the new Octavia VRS!!

I actually like the new fiesta ST although the rear could have been nicer,but the interior design is miles ahead of the current car but that's only to be expected

I actually like the new fiesta ST although the rear could have been nicer,but the interior design is miles ahead of the current car but that's only to be expected

The interior I agree on, very nice. The front is OK, but the rear isn't very nice no.

so slight update on the car if anyone is interested!

Absolutely loving the car hence the reason the car has over 2.5k on the clock compared to 900 when I got it, (I like driving it okay! lol) decided on a few little mods to do to the car, Im going to be ordering and ITG induction kit and a Colins Performance CP-2 map tomorrow, this should take me up to around 235-240bhp (not sure about the torque i'll have to check that one) then im considering getting a slightly different front bottom grill with an M-Sport logo on which I think will give a nice look to the car. Other than that I plan on leaving the car as it is, don't want to be another yobbo ST driver with a loud as hell exhaust or anything

well not yet anyways! some photos to come and i'll let you know once I get the mods done.

Joe

fe3bd51c2f687a5cff9af3377c8c1279.jpg
f944e6428245793361012dbb460e3a80.jpg
8a8052a1ff497291dae95c27966a40e0.jpg

Reactions: SPIKE_, Tomo01, AudiNutta and 7 others
I'm glad your enjoying your new car Joe, I know what you mean about adding miles!

I bought my A3 2.0tdi 170bhp (REVO remap to 205bhp) brand new in 2010, just hit 218,000 miles!
Never had any problems, just the normal running costs, same engine & clutch.

Ill love to see another car, having done that mileage over that same time, be in the same condition!

John.

Love the colour Joe

I'm glad your enjoying your new car Joe, I know what you mean about adding miles!

I bought my A3 2.0tdi 170bhp (REVO remap to 205bhp) brand new in 2010, just hit 218,000 miles!
Never had any problems, just the normal running costs, same engine & clutch.

Ill love to see another car, having done that mileage over that same time, be in the same condition!

John.

Wow, that is some incredible mileage!!