Sachs Organic Uprated Clutch slipping after 22k

DevonS3

Reaction score
Hello all, as per the title really! (Quantum tuning Map)
Fitted it myself and 22k miles of hard driving and 20 laps of the ring it’s just started to slip. ******.
See there’s a few options of a uprated clutch since I did mine a few years ago, is there a go to one now? Really don’t fancy having a heavy pedal then the current one.

Also posted a while back about swirl flap fault codes, any common faults come to light?

Many thanks

RTS clutch will hold the power. Paddle face on one side and standard organic other. I'm running stage 2 APR with no slippage. Bit of pull off shudder but very slight. Oe feel to the pedal.

I’m running Sachs sinted clutch and it’s great, also done all clutch mods and seems fine to me.

You can buy swirl flap kits but not looked into it to much.

a stronger clutch will inevitably feel heavier, surely? Im not sure this can be avoided.

a stronger clutch will inevitably feel heavier, surely? Im not sure this can be avoided.
My Sachs was very heavy in comparison to the standard clutch. The RTS is recommended by awsome gti for stage 2 and as I eluded to it as light as standard. Albeit the bite point is a bit higher than I like. Tricky to get accurate engagement sometimes. With no launch control on the manuals, an energetic get away can be interesting. 4WD doesnt lend itself to manual launches. Although saying that my old evo 9 could get off the line like a scolded cat. First launch was an assault on the senses. Totally different 4WD set up though. My mate has the focus RS that has launch control, works a treat. Shame these dont have it. Maybe I need to chop it in for a nitrous blue RS??

Reactions: Damo S
I think mine is a sachs / helix hybrid but it is also heavier than stock. Its ok but can be a bit annoying when stuck in traffic

Great reply’s!
Ok, so thinking of going for the RTS, hopefully lasting longer than 22k! And will give a O.E feel or lighter than the Sachs Organic....?

Fitted a RTS last night, along with a new fly wheel. Clutch is way lighter, really feels like OE. Winner. Hopefully last longer than 22k miles.

Reactions: MikeParkin