Sachs clutch is slipping - WTF!

Looks to me like there's not been enough clamping force on the clutch plate to eliminate any slipping

Me too, the guys at R Tech thought that was the case and my mechanic says the same so I'm hoping that Sachs will agree with that too. Shipping the old clutch back to them on Monday so they should have it mid week to start their investigations.

How does it feel and behave, how much stiffer is the pedal?

Looks to me like there's not been enough clamping force on the clutch plate to eliminate any slipping
It's really surprising how light it is it's a tiny bit heavier than my standard was but that was screwed , it's not snappy at all really nice progressive feel , I think if you drove it and didn't no it was in there you would have no clue it can has the huge torque rating, flywheel wise do get more vibration through the cab at lower rpm on the motorway etc around the 2K mark in 6th but I think in time will just automatically drive around it ,
In time I may look into the pulley kit that dampens it down but to be honest it's not that much of an issue ,
Or I can put it this way my mum borrowed the car yesterdayto goto waitrose and she's 64 and didn't mention it don't think she even noticed I'd had it done

Reactions: smurfworth and S3Alex
It's really surprising how light it is it's a tiny bit heavier than my standard was but that was screwed , it's not snappy at all really nice progressive feel , I think if you drove it and didn't no it was in there you would have no clue it can has the huge torque rating, flywheel wise do get more vibration through the cab at lower rpm on the motorway etc around the 2K mark in 6th but I think in time will just automatically drive around it ,
In time I may look into the pulley kit that dampens it down but to be honest it's not that much of an issue ,
Or I can put it this way my mum borrowed the car yesterdayto goto waitrose and she's 64 and didn't mention it don't think she even noticed I'd had it done

Exactly what I'd say too,and glad I didn't sell you some bad advice there!
Everyone who drove it initially was surprised by how light and stock it feels,but also by the way it deals with whatever you throw at it.

A lot of race derived parts are very abrupt,but this is a seriously good clutch.

Reactions: Smirky
Exactly what I'd say too,and glad I didn't sell you some bad advice there!
Everyone who drove it initially was surprised by how light and stock it feels,but also by the way it deals with whatever you throw at it.

A lot of race derived parts are very abrupt,but this is a seriously good clutch.
Yeah I was expecting it to be like the older race clutches where it was either on or off

Yeah I was expecting it to be like the older race clutches where it was either on or off

I think what sets it apart from that is being a full face clutch rather than a paddle type.

Glad to have found this thread as I'm stage 2 335 bhp and 375ibs/ft torque and clutch just starting to let go if booted in 5th 6th etc and was looking for clutch info.

This Sach/luk set up was recommended but later plans are tte420 so 460ish torque from other guys figures and wanted some safety/comfort factor to tune it right built in. Interested in the outcome of this and other than a spec3 what are the thoughts on a helix setup, organic or paddle? Any other options and smf over dmf?

I don't think there is anything on the market that can compete with the spec yes it's expensive (very) but you get what you pay for

Glad to have found this thread as I'm stage 2 335 bhp and 375ibs/ft torque and clutch just starting to let go if booted in 5th 6th etc and was looking for clutch info.

This Sach/luk set up was recommended but later plans are tte420 so 460ish torque from other guys figures and wanted some safety/comfort factor to tune it right built in. Interested in the outcome of this and other than a spec3 what are the thoughts on a helix setup, organic or paddle? Any other options and smf over dmf?

Well.....
I think I was the original Spec user here....its been on my car for 3yrs from 449lbs through to 550lbs now and still going strong.

As Smirky says you get what you pay for with this.

Reactions: Smirky
The picture is a bit deceiving, its not the flywheel it's the inside of the clutch cover, it's just sitting on top of the flywheel in the picture. It's very dust but not badly marked from the slipping but also displayes the heat marks. The flywheel displayed similar 'leopard skin' heat marks but was not scored although this was replaced as well because of the heat cycling there was a risk of premature failure, this was pointed out to Sachs but they've not asked for the flywheel to be sent back. With regards to fitting, it will have been done correctly and bear in mind everything was fine for 8000 miles before the problems started.
Did you get a reply from Sachs ?
Interested as just upgraded mine but clutching pedal sticking bleed it to death and replaced master cylinder been informed that it could now be slave.