SA Tuning - Remap

Jared Tovee

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm starting this thread as it seem alot of you are always curious of the results of modification and remaps. I have my A6 3.0 tdi (245) Avant booking in tomorrow at SA Tuning in Great Hallingbury, it's in between Harlow and Stansted. I've recently moved to the area and have car enthusiast friends here but none have them have had any dealing with SA tuning, so I went off their google reviews.

I called them up and played dumb over the phone to gauge their knowledge, basically I wanted to see if they would bulls**t me. I was really happy that they knew what they was talking about, it filled me with enough confidence to book my car in with them.

So what have I decided to do? I'm getting the EGR deleted, DPF removed (internals) and a stage 1 map. The map will be done on their 4 wheel dyno. Don't worry I will be posting up before and after figures. I have already removed the rear mufflers and I will also put up a video of the exhaust sound, before and after.

I'm booked into at 9 am tomorrow so if you guys have any questions or things you want me to ask, let me know and I will do my best to get them answered.

Reactions: James.c
Hi Guys,

I'm starting this thread as it seem alot of you are always curious of the results of modification and remaps. I have my A6 3.0 tdi (245) Avant booking in tomorrow at SA Tuning in Great Hallingbury, it's in between Harlow and Stansted. I've recently moved to the area and have car enthusiast friends here but none have them have had any dealing with SA tuning, so I went off their google reviews.

I called them up and played dumb over the phone to gauge their knowledge, basically I wanted to see if they would bulls**t me. I was really happy that they knew what they was talking about, it filled me with enough confidence to book my car in with them.

So what have I decided to do? I'm getting the EGR deleted, DPF removed (internals) and a stage 1 map. The map will be done on their 4 wheel dyno. Don't worry I will be posting up before and after figures. I have already removed the rear mufflers and I will also put up a video of the exhaust sound, before and after.

I'm booked into at 9 am tomorrow so if you guys have any questions or things you want me to ask, let me know and I will do my best to get them answered.

Looking forward to seeing results mate and hearing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jared Tovee
Is yours auto or manual again?

What figures have they quoted you post map and mods?

Without the mods they have reached around 290hp 620nm (safely) before so with the mods I'd be happy with just north of that but not too much as I dont want to test the gearbox.

Reactions: Rhyso
Without the mods they have reached around 290hp 620nm (safely) before so with the mods I'd be happy with just north of that but not too much as I dont want to test the gearbox.

Cool :sunglasses:

Mine made 314bhp / 436lbs ft torque

EGR mapped out but still physically in place and not blanked
DPF still in place too :)

Enjoy the new performance whatever the results; puts a nice kick back into the motor :D

Cool :sunglasses:

Mine made 314bhp / 436lbs ft torque

EGR mapped out but still physically in place and not blanked
DPF still in place too :)

Enjoy the new performance whatever the results; puts a nice kick back into the motor :D
Cheer man, I'm so excited. Nice smooth curve you got. What figures did you have before the map?

Cheer man, I'm so excited. Nice smooth curve you got. What figures did you have before the map?

No idea. I've had the car since January 2016 and mapped it within 48 hours :D

The map that's on the car now was done back in October 2017. I use a different tuner who I know very well and he developed that for me. It's not a map he sells to the public :)

I had one injector go in January 2018 but I put that down to age and mileage; my car is a 2011 model and it had just clocked over 100,000 miles when the injector went. The car has now covered 117,000 miles and runs sweet.......(runs off to hug a forest!!)

No idea. I've had the car since January 2016 and mapped it within 48 hours :D

The map that's on the car now was done back in October 2017. I use a different tuner who I know very well and he developed that for me. It's not a map he sells to the public :)

I had one injector go in January 2018 but I put that down to age and mileage; my car is a 2011 model and it had just clocked over 100,000 miles when the injector went. The car has now covered 117,000 miles and runs sweet.......(runs off to hug a forest!!)
They are going to dyno it before so I can see what I have already so I'll post them up tomorrow, before and after. Decent figures though. The map I'm having done isn't an "off the shelf" one either so will see what it can do with the mods.

Reactions: Rhyso
I have the auto

Class, same here are they gona play with that?

As far as I know you can
Increase clamp pressure
Faster changes
Also keep it in gear in manual mode? For popcorn limiters etc?
And launch control?

I've never had an auto so will ask. I have read about all them things so will see. Feels like Christmas eve for me

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Live update: Just had a call from Simon at SA Tuning (s**t myself at first) and turns out my car already had a map!!!! The only problem is the current map is massively over fueling. As I'm having the DPF/EGR removed and I want to get the most from the car I have asked to map it to it's new modifications. I wont get much more power than I already have but the MPG will be better and I'll be able to hear the V6. Stay tuned!

Reactions: Bulldog and James.c
Just picked up my car and drove it back. The figures have increased slightly the power delivery is definitely much better. The throttle response is alot more responsive. As for the sound it has increased but still pretty tame as I decided to leave the cat before the DPF in as I didn't want it to be kicking out loads of smoke. No reason to post a video of the sound as like I said before only a slight increase in grumble.
As I've never owned an A6 3.0 tdi (auto) before I wouldn't have know it was already mapped.
The guys at SA Tuning really do know their stuff too, not to mention polite. Makes a difference when someone takes the time to actually talk to you, so big thanks to Carl and Simon there.
I'm going to give a pedal box a try to see if I can get that little bit more response out of the throttle.
I'm definitely gonna look into stage 2 but gonna need to hide a few pennies.
9bc878279a3f2297fbcb38b5b2bc0861.jpg

just bumping the thread

I went the #truetune route. (3.0 BiTDi 313) . have used a number of tuning boxes in the past on different cars with varying results. tried a couple on the beast but didn't perform. Read some reviews and decided to use these guys.

installation was much simpler than i expected - really straightforward. the result - Wow!! it has transformed the car into a beast - doesnt matter which drive mode you are in (E, D or S) floor it and immediately (absolutely no drag, it is just so responsive) you are thrust forward with venom. I do many many motorway miles and now often see 50-54 mpg over long distances when set at 75 in cruise

i've put it back to stock, easily done - and its been back to the dealer and no comment made

i am more than happy to recommend and if you have any questions feel free to DM me

John

just bumping the thread

I went the #truetune route. (3.0 BiTDi 313) . have used a number of tuning boxes in the past on different cars with varying results. tried a couple on the beast but didn't perform. Read some reviews and decided to use these guys.

installation was much simpler than i expected - really straightforward. the result - Wow!! it has transformed the car into a beast - doesnt matter which drive mode you are in (E, D or S) floor it and immediately (absolutely no drag, it is just so responsive) you are thrust forward with venom. I do many many motorway miles and now often see 50-54 mpg over long distances when set at 75 in cruise

i've put it back to stock, easily done - and its been back to the dealer and no comment made

i am more than happy to recommend and if you have any questions feel free to DM me

John
Thats awesome to hear! I live 15 mins down the road from SA tuning so it was easy for me to go there but if I didn't live so close I would have tried the #truetune. Simon, the owner definitely knows his stuff and puts in the hours for the development.

Hi Guys,

I thought removing dpf was a m.o.t failure now?

You are correct, removing the DPF is an MOT failure.......

There are ways to remove the DPF but still keeping the stock pipe. It involves cutting a slit in the back of the DPF housing, removing the internals and neatly welding it back up along the seam. Very hard to tell it has gone. Then the ecu needs to be mapped. So I've been told wink wink.
Can't have a dpf problem if you don't have a dpf.