S7 Res Res

K44NHY

Reaction score
20200610 230352
Hello I currently own a S7 2013. 47k

Car is stock and quiet.

I would like abit more noise from the exhaust without breaking the bank. The local s4.5 cars seem to sound louder than my s7.

Someone has mentioned res delete. I have never modified a car before so excuse my lack of knowledge.

Is this an option if so what's the pros/cons.

Thanks you

Last edited:
Hi, nice car but this forum is for the current (C8) version of the A6/S6 and your car is the previous version. Suggest you repost on the C7 forum or ask for this post to be moved as you will likely get more help

Thanx for the fast reply. How to i get this reposted to the right section. I have tried searching for it cannot find it.

Probably easiest to just post a reply to your post asking a moderator to move the post to the C7 forum

View attachment 204586 Hello I currently own a S7 2013. 47k

Car is stock and quiet.

I would like abit more noise from the exhaust without breaking the bank. The local s4.5 cars seem to sound louder than my s7.

Someone has mentioned res delete. I have never modified a car before so excuse my lack of knowledge.

Is this an option if so what's the pros/cons.

Thanks you

So you can get some more growl by removing the front resonators and replacing with straight pipes, and replacing the centre box with an X-pipe, but the reality is that when you have a V8 with a pair of turbo chargers driven by exhaust gasses, it will never sound like a raw V8. The turbos strangle the sound.

Taking the next step, which is fitting new downpipes with either no catalysts, or sports cats fitted will step it up a major notch, but may just **** off your neighbours whenever you start the car in the morning!

If it’s louder/more pops and bangs your after (when you lift off the accelerator) the exhaust option won’t help you. That’s a feature of the ignition/ECU mapping which sends extra petrol causing over detonation which gives you the pops and bangs.

You could map is with an APR Stage 1, they can dial in some extra pops and bangs in the map, but you have to ask them.

I have all of the above, but I’m also in a facelift S7 which has a different base map to yours (and more power from stock) It also has pops and bangs from stock.

Great cars, enjoy :racer:

So you can get some more growl by removing the front resonators and replacing with straight pipes, and replacing the centre box with an X-pipe, but the reality is that when you have a V8 with a pair of turbo chargers driven by exhaust gasses, it will never sound like a raw V8. The turbos strangle the sound.

Taking the next step, which is fitting new downpipes with either no catalysts, or sports cats fitted will step it up a major notch, but may just **** off your neighbours whenever you start the car in the morning!

If it’s louder/more pops and bangs your after (when you lift off the accelerator) the exhaust option won’t help you. That’s a feature of the ignition/ECU mapping which sends extra petrol causing over detonation which gives you the pops and bangs.

You could map is with an APR Stage 1, they can dial in some extra pops and bangs in the map, but you have to ask them.

I have all of the above, but I’m also in a facelift S7 which has a different base map to yours (and more power from stock) It also has pops and bangs from stock.

Great cars, enjoy :racer:

Thank you for the reply.

Think I'll go with this option 1 front resanators and x pipe and see how it goes.

Will the car require a remap if i was to remove resanators and x pipe. Or can you jump in and drive once done

Thank you

Thank you for the reply.

Think I'll go with this option 1 front resanators and x pipe and see how it goes.

Will the car require a remap if i was to remove resanators and x pipe. Or can you jump in and drive once done

Thank you

Jump in and drive.

Just make sure you find a good independent exhaust shop to do the work, absolutely not a high street chain. :racer:

Thank you for the reply.

Thank you

Hi K44NHY,

How did you get on with the resanators and x pipe?

I'm looking to do the same thing with my S7 but wanted to know what it was like.

Thanks
Imran