S7 project

billgatese30

Reaction score
Hi all. Its certainly quiet in here so thought I'd try and inject a little life into the section. Feel free to chip in, ask questions, tell me why I'm doing something daft etc. or if not, I simply hope you enjoy reading.

So I bought a Sepang Blue S7 Black Edition (C7.5) a few weeks ago. Other than a wash, quick spray of quick detailer (Zaino) and some tire black (Gtechniq T2), and some trim restorer to the exterior plastic (Gtechniq C4) its had very little done to it.

I've just ordered a Milltek Cat-back exhaust, looking to get a remap by MRC and considering whether or not an RS7 airbox and inlet pipes (from airbox to turbo) is worth while doing too? I will keep the thread updated and when its not threatening to snow again I'll get some pictures up too!

It will be nice to have a car where I can enjoy some sutble modding again since my last A7 (BiTdi Black edition) and BMW 320d were both left standard as I wasn't sure how long I would keep them for and had other financial commitments at the time.

Hope you enjoy and I'll try and get some pics up soon.

Thanks

Chris

Reactions: Corb2000 and BD55SOL
Hi Chris sounds like you’ve got yourself a beaut of a car. Post some pics please!
I’d suggest doing all your bolt on mods prior to the custom map at MRC, to get the best out of it! Can’t wait to hear it with the exhaust on!

Hi Eric, thanks and yeah the plan is for all the bolt on mods to happen prior to the map. Exhaust is on order, waiting for email back from MRC on their opinion on airbox before i purchase one.

I would love to replace the piano black trim on the interior for carbon too but its rarer than unicorn turds so may wait and hydrodip it instead.

Reactions: Eric_RS6
Yeah you could also wrap it? I do know of a guy who changed all his to the carbon stuff, it wasn’t cheap and took him a while to swap it all!

Finally, someone else modding an S7 :racer:

Ive ran out of things to mod, so currently looking at:
  • Wrapping the roof in Satin Black.
  • Adding a chameleon tint to the front screen (road legal in UK)
  • Already APR Stage 1, now contemplating Stage 3 with uprated Turbos
Interested to see how you get on with MRC. I’m currently at 550bhp with APR S1.

**Following**

Cheers,
John.

**Following**

Cheers,
John.
Thanks. MRC are being conservative on their estimates but let's see what happens when I get it done. Considering an RS7 airbox and intake pipes but I'll leave the turbos stock as its my daily drive.

Reactions: Eric_RS6 and RAF_S7
Oh, and I've just been on the laptop and activated the lap timer, boot close from the keyfob and the door switch, auto apply the handbrake when i switch to P. Need to go through the VCDS archives online and see what else there is that I can't remember.

Reactions: RAF_S7
Oh, and I've just been on the laptop and activated the lap timer, boot close from the keyfob and the door switch, auto apply the handbrake when i switch to P. Need to go through the VCDS archives online and see what else there is that I can't remember.
Sounds like you’ve got all the main software mods covered :icon thumright:
I did a lot of non-performance cosmetic mods initially, as I didn’t want to invalidate the warranty, but went APR about 3 years ago, including their TCU tune. Completely transforms the car, so I’m sure you’ll love the MRC version :hi:

Reactions: billgatese30
Well the "handbrake auto apply" didn't work but I've read the various codings seem to depend on the handbrake module, pre/post facelift etc. so I'll continue to have a play with that. Also be interested to see if I can get the lap timer items from the HUD to be there permanently rather than just when the lap timer is active in the DIS. Google is surprisingly barren on if this is possible or not, but I'm sure a good route through the HUD settings should show if anything is there.

Next one may also be to drop the suspension a further 10-15mm too seeing as its relatively simple thanks to the air suspension.

Well the "handbrake auto apply" didn't work but I've read the various codings seem to depend on the handbrake module, pre/post facelift etc. so I'll continue to have a play with that. Also be interested to see if I can get the lap timer items from the HUD to be there permanently rather than just when the lap timer is active in the DIS. Google is surprisingly barren on if this is possible or not, but I'm sure a good route through the HUD settings should show if anything is there.

Next one may also be to drop the suspension a further 10-15mm too seeing as its relatively simple thanks to the air suspension.
I’ve only seen these active when you have laptimer selected, including the boost gauge.

I’ve got the Cete control module fitted and Im lowered 20mm all round. Much lower and it starts throwing suspesion related faults all over the place :salute:

I’ve only seen these active when you have laptimer selected, including the boost gauge.

I’ve got the Cete control module fitted and Im lowered 20mm all round. Much lower and it starts throwing suspesion related faults all over the place :salute:
I'm off this week and over Easter weekend so I'll have a play and see what I can do. I was aiming for about - 15mm

Well I've had a disappointing afternoon with VCDS. Turns out the green screen on the C7.5 facelift cars has nowhere near the functionality of the C7 cars so activating that was pretty useless. I've been through all sorts of modules and still can't seem to get the "apply EPB when shifting to P" to work which is disappointing too. I also had a good go through the HUD and lap timer related bits and can't see a sensible way to get things like the oil temp to show at other times than when the lap timer is active in the DIS. But on the bright side at least I know what is/isn't possible now. Now the big question is do I get the road sign dongle from Kufatec or not? I toyed with the idea in my last car, but still remain undecided!

Hi all. Its certainly quiet in here so thought I'd try and inject a little life into the section. Feel free to chip in, ask questions, tell me why I'm doing something daft etc. or if not, I simply hope you enjoy reading.

So I bought a Sepang Blue S7 Black Edition (C7.5) a few weeks ago. Other than a wash, quick spray of quick detailer (Zaino) and some tire black (Gtechniq T2), and some trim restorer to the exterior plastic (Gtechniq C4) its had very little done to it.

I've just ordered a Milltek Cat-back exhaust, looking to get a remap by MRC and considering whether or not an RS7 airbox and inlet pipes (from airbox to turbo) is worth while doing too? I will keep the thread updated and when its not threatening to snow again I'll get some pictures up too!

It will be nice to have a car where I can enjoy some sutble modding again since my last A7 (BiTdi Black edition) and BMW 320d were both left standard as I wasn't sure how long I would keep them for and had other financial commitments at the time.

Hope you enjoy and I'll try and get some pics up soon.

Thanks

Chris
Hello Mate,

congrats on the new motor, you will enjoy it immensely I assure you.

I am selling my S7 and the stock airbox is going back on meaning I have a CTS Dual intake for sale, it has been on for roughly 5/6k miles and I was happy with the change just wanting to sell the car as stock. This is the intake - https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-...ntake-kit-with-6-velocity-stack-c7-s6-s7-rs7/

Feel free to drop me a message if interested.

All the best!

Connor

Hello Mate,

congrats on the new motor, you will enjoy it immensely I assure you.

I am selling my S7 and the stock airbox is going back on meaning I have a CTS Dual intake for sale, it has been on for roughly 5/6k miles and I was happy with the change just wanting to sell the car as stock. This is the intake - https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-...ntake-kit-with-6-velocity-stack-c7-s6-s7-rs7/

Feel free to drop me a message if interested.

All the best!

Connor
Hi Connor

Thanks for the offer but wanted something stock looking as well as something which increases the pipe diameter up to turbo rather than step down to the original pipe diameter.

Best of luck with whatever will be replacing the S7 :)

Well this has just arrived! :thumbs up:

20220422 155909

Reactions: SirPT and Eric_RS6
Well after nearly 5 months in the garage I've de-cobwebbed the Miltek boxes and finally got it fitted this afternoon. I'm aching from the driveway gymnastics and wrestling with hard to reach bolts at the end of the flexi coupling. Otherwise it was a very simple (if somewhat physically demanding) job and it fits like a glove.

Sadly by the time I was done the Mrs was at work and I had to sort tea for the bairn, but a proper test drive will follow. Startup sounds much better though :)

For info I went for black tips, non-resonator and valvetronic. Curiously neither wire reaches the activators so I'll make up a few little extensions.

IMG 20220918 WA0000

Reactions: KissMyS and WilkoS5
How did you get on with the MRC Tune?

I’ve put the hardware in for APR Stage 3, and that should be going on Tuesday next week (27 Sep) :racer:

1E6C273F D9B1 4A89 A5A5 93EAF57166CC

• Love
Reactions: SlapNutz and billgatese30
I haven't had chance to get the MRC remap done yet as I wanted the exhaust done first. Trying to move house, weddings, babies in the family and all sorts of other stuff just got in the way haha.

Hopefully I'll be moved in a few weeks and then I can get on to MRC.

Also it seems that the exhaust is vibrating slightly off the cross member so I've ordered some exhaust wrap to help cushion it so there's no metal to metal contact.

I haven't had chance to get the MRC remap done yet as I wanted the exhaust done first. Trying to move house, weddings, babies in the family and all sorts of other stuff just got in the way haha.

Hopefully I'll be moved in a few weeks and then I can get on to MRC.

Also it seems that the exhaust is vibrating slightly off the cross member so I've ordered some exhaust wrap to help cushion it so there's no metal to metal contact.
I had a similar problem with the APR exhaust I put on my A7 a few years back.

Took a couple of trips to my Indy to fine tune the position and stop it rattling against one of the cross members :racer:

I had a similar problem with the APR exhaust I put on my A7 a few years back.

Took a couple of trips to my Indy to fine tune the position and stop it rattling against one of the cross members :racer:
I'm hoping the wrap will fix it as the alignment of the pipes and the rear splitter is spot on so i don't want to mess with the brackets.

You will have to let us know how well the stage 3 upgrades go though!

**Following**

Cheers,
John.
talking about wrapping any ideas what it can cost to wrap a car fully or is it dependant on material?

talking about wrapping any ideas what it can cost to wrap a car fully or is it dependant on material?
I guess it depends on the company you use. I think there's a point where too cheap will mean a less than perfect job.

Reactions: SlapNutz
Oh, and I wrapped about 12" of the exhaust which was rubbing and now there's no more vibration:sunglasses:

Reactions: SlapNutz and RAF_S7
There are only a handful of suppliers in the wrapping market, 3M being the de facto lead.
Pricing is really dependant on the skill (and location) of the wrapper. If your talking a full wrap, then at a minimum £2k will get you a wrap, but it can easily double dependant on whose doing the wrapping.

Best to Google for a wrapper local to you, then pay them a visit and get a quotation

Reactions: SlapNutz