S7 400mm Brakes fitted to a A7 BiTDI

Eric_BiTDI

A7 S Line BiTDI
Hi guys, finally got round to fitting the S7 front brakes set up to my A7. I had to wait 5 weeks for the brakes to come from Germany! Everything fitted as i was assured it was, no issues at all. I went for Red Stuff pads after searching the forum and finding they are recommended.
When i got the calipers (brand new never used but second hand) and had them professionally sprayed, not to everyone's taste but if we are all the same it is boring!
All in, including fitting, they have cost me £1556.
calipers - 500
shims - 140
pads - 140
clips - 140
paint - 80
discs - 420
caliper bolts - 16
fitting - 120

A big shout out to @RAF_S7 for the info and part numbers!

Enough boring, here are the pics.

IMG_5486.JPG

IMG_5490.JPG

IMG_5494.JPG

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Was gonna say, pink....

However, they contrast well with the car colour.

Eric_BiTDI

A7 S Line BiTDI
Was gonna say, pink....

However, they contrast well with the car colour.

Oh yes I have had the "pretty in pink" etc already, although they are truly purple/mauve. I like them, they are different and stand out enough without being overly garish. I wanted something different to the red/yellow that have been the go to colour for decades.

Jord_C

I too have done the 400mm upgrade and I'm very impressed!
Great choice of colour, looks great!
Looks like you got a good discount on the discs too, they can be uber pricey!

Eric_BiTDI

A7 S Line BiTDI
I too have done the 400mm upgrade and I'm very impressed!
Great choice of colour, looks great!
Looks like you got a good discount on the discs too, they can be uber pricey!
Thanks mate, I love the colour.
Yeah the discs were on discount from Autodoc, however took 5 weeks to get here!!

RAF_S7

Gold Supporter
Brave colour choice!

Love it :racer:

rjwojcik

Brakes look cool, and good value for a BBK upgrade.

Eric_BiTDI

A7 S Line BiTDI
Brakes look very cool! I like. Definitely wouldn't shell out that kind of coin for a new front setup tho
Thanks mate, yeah I never had that intention of shelling out that much. When I got the "new but second hand" calipers I didn't know they weren't fully complete. I wasn't aware I would have to separately purchase the Shims, Clips and Caliper bolts as the calipers were advertised as complete.

Eric_BiTDI

A7 S Line BiTDI
Brakes look cool, and good value for a BBK upgrade.
Thanks dude i wanted them to be different - they were close to being yellow. I had painted them red before hand so wanted something different. I think it is good value for money for what you get tbh, I know it is a lot of cash but my god they are worth it!!