S6 tuning options

skiptowncat

Reaction score
Hi,
Considering selling my S4 and buying the S6. I was just wondering what tuning options there are knocking about and what sort of power should I be looking at?

Lots, stage 1 550 ish, you can add RS6 turbos and get even more.

What's the point when the first Tesla P100D you meet will wipe the floor with even a tuned S6?

Or to put in another way, what 0-100 mph time are you after?

Or to put it another way, what power vs. reliability trade-off are you expecting to make.

Or to put it another way, the MTM S8 Talladega, still with the 4.0 V8, develops 802 BHP, 945 Nm of torque and tops out at 217 mph.

Last edited:
Remaps are not about whether or not a mobile hairdryer can beat you off the line, it's the OP asking a question about getting an S6 remapped. Plenty of people do it on their cars and they have nowhere near the BHP of an S6. Could be that he just wants a bigger car than the A4 and Tesla don't make estates and have a nice sounding V8 sound track.

OP check out the websites like REVO or ABT they are all clamming around the 100 BHP increase.

However I would have the turbo oil feeds inspected first and either the filters cleaned or replaced as they are know to block.

Reactions: skiptowncat
Remaps are not about whether or not a mobile hairdryer can beat you off the line, it's the OP asking a question about getting an S6 remapped. Plenty of people do it on their cars and they have nowhere near the BHP of an S6. Could be that he just wants a bigger car than the A4 and Tesla don't make estates and have a nice sounding V8 sound track.

OP check out the websites like REVO or ABT they are all clamming around the 100 BHP increase.

However I would have the turbo oil feeds inspected first and either the filters cleaned or replaced as they are know to block.

B5NUT, of course you're right.

But that power increase has to signify and achieve something - like a 0-60 or 0-100 time or a 40-100 mph time. Or being able to beat something off the line.

That 550 (or even 802) BHP has to translate into something the re-mapper wants.

I am simply asking what the remapper wants to achieve.

I will absolutely accept that an owner wants a remap to make the car "his" - different from all the other black S6s with tinted windows - without ever using the extra power more than a few times.

When I hear a Merc C63S bi-turbo owner accelerate to 50 mph in a residential area in order to hear the sound of his engine and to let everyone else know that HE is nearby, I can only bring myself to utter an expletive. Fortunately Audi S6 drivers don't do that sort of thing.

Loads of options, as said above remap and or a simple resonator delete to release some more of that lovely v8 character, facelift models get the pops and bangs as standard

couldn’t care less if an EV would have me from the lights, the v8 has waay more soul than a washing machine and I would be enjoying the noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rjwojcik
B5NUT, of course you're right.

But that power increase has to signify and achieve something - like a 0-60 or 0-100 time or a 40-100 mph time. Or being able to beat something off the line.

That 550 (or even 802) BHP has to translate into something the re-mapper wants.

I am simply asking what the remapper wants to achieve.

I will absolutely accept that an owner wants a remap to make the car "his" - different from all the other black S6s with tinted windows - without ever using the extra power more than a few times.

When I hear a Merc C63S bi-turbo owner accelerate to 50 mph in a residential area in order to hear the sound of his engine and to let everyone else know that HE is nearby, I can only bring myself to utter an expletive. Fortunately Audi S6 drivers don't do that sort of thing.

Bragging rights down the pub...if it ever opens ‍♂️

My current stage 2 MRC S4 is fast enough but had it for 8 years now and looking for a change and weighing up some options.

Righto, found a car I want, It says 10 speaker Audi sound system. Would this be Bose or anything like that? Is it any good?

Righto, found a car I want, It says 10 speaker Audi sound system. Would this be Bose or anything like that? Is it any good?
That would be the standard Audi sound system.
The BOSE has 13 or 14 speakers incl Sub.
I have the Bose and find it way above average.

That would be the standard Audi sound system.
The BOSE has 13 or 14 speakers incl Sub.
I have the Bose and find it way above average.
I’ll have a listen when I go take a look. I have the B&O in my S4 so it might be a deal breaker.

I’ll see if I can do some upgrades to the stock system and how much it’ll cost. It ticks all the other boxes though
The Bose could do with a better sub, mine doesn’t even have an adjustable sub level, not even through the green menu (RMC)

The 10 speaker system was the factory default for the A/S6 models (excluding the black edition where Bose was standard) The B&O system on the A6 is a different beast to the B&O offered on the A4, it was a £6300 option on the A6 models and due to that price there are very few A6 C7 cars with the B&O option. Bose was a good upgrade on the C7 and was a £1000 option. Have to say I would be looking for an S6 with a minimum options including tech pack & Bose. The tech pack advanced would be even better as that included radar guided cruse and a few other nice options.

The 10 speaker system was the factory default for the A/S6 models (excluding the black edition where Bose was standard) The B&O system on the A6 is a different beast to the B&O offered on the A4, it was a £6300 option on the A6 models and due to that price there are very few A6 C7 cars with the B&O option. Bose was a good upgrade on the C7 and was a £1000 option. Have to say I would be looking for an S6 with a minimum options including tech pack & Bose. The tech pack advanced would be even better as that included radar guided cruse and a few other nice options.
My S4 is fully loaded, I never use the lane assist, blind spot assist and rarely use the adaptive cruise control so I’m not too fussed about those.

Make sure you stick some pictures up!
a50b2ab1f9d7af379578719012cfb936.jpg

S6’s

Reactions: blackwood and skiptowncat
Loving the car so far, much smoother than my S4. the stereo is actually sounds decent for a standard system. I think I’ll add a sub upgrade at some point.

Decided I’m going to buy a DS1 and srm intakes at the earliest opportunity.

Attachments

• 143FF06C-97E6-4B37-9763-500D7E2C0937.jpeg
    143FF06C-97E6-4B37-9763-500D7E2C0937.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 215
Reactions: DonkeyIce
Loving the car so far, much smoother than my S4. the stereo is actually sounds decent for a standard system. I think I’ll add a sub upgrade at some point.

Decided I’m going to buy a DS1 and srm intakes at the earliest opportunity.

Nice, Q car look too

I don’t have Bose speakers and it’s not in my spec list but I have a Bose amplifier in the back?

Attachments

• F6BC8B3C-2934-4E1C-8DFC-B26321F907B4.jpeg
    F6BC8B3C-2934-4E1C-8DFC-B26321F907B4.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 208
Flashed DS1 stage 1 yesterday, absolute night and day difference to stock. I’m very impressed

Reactions: martinivw, rjwojcik and DonkeyIce
Wish I hadn't read this thread. I would give my left arm for an S6, need a V8 before we all end up with washing machine engined cars.
Give me a couple more years.

Reactions: DonkeyIce and RAF_S7
Wish I hadn't read this thread. I would give my left arm for an S6, need a V8 before we all end up with washing machine engined cars.
Give me a couple more years.

This is why I’ve kept my S7, it’s got an APR Stage 1 plus some other tweets, and runs around 540BHP.
I would normally have changed it a few years ago (purchased new 2016)
But the replacement C8 S7 is a 6 cylinder diesel hairdryer by comparison:scared2:

Srm intakes and h&r anti roll bars going on next Monday. Stage 2 awaits

Reactions: rjwojcik
Found a cheap pair of RS turbos, went stage 3 on Friday....need some brakes now

Reactions: RAF_S7 and rjwojcik
I noticed some Chinese turbos on eBay the other week, did you go that route or find some used OEM examples?
What software are you running? I'm already Stage 1 (APR) on my S7, but considering taking it further :racer:

Yes, got offered the eBay ones for a low price. Came with a balancing sheet but that doesn’t really mean anything I suppose. I was already using DS1 and had a boosted euro tcu tune

Reactions: RAF_S7
I’ll also add that the stock ones looked pristine at 52k miles
Did you tackle the oil screen issue as part of the upgrade?

The Chinese eBay turbos are almost too cheap! I figured the inclusion of the TT performance graphs was irrelevant lol.

Any noticeable difference in improvement? I thought you had to go Stage 3 software, as well as additional cooling mods?

Cheers,
John.

Did you tackle the oil screen issue as part of the upgrade?

The Chinese eBay turbos are almost too cheap! I figured the inclusion of the TT performance graphs was irrelevant lol.

Any noticeable difference in improvement? I thought you had to go Stage 3 software, as well as additional cooling mods?

Cheers,
John.
Upgraded to the latest oil screen revision. Flashed stage 3 straight away. Virtual dyno puts me around 530 bhp at the wheels so somewhere around 650bhp

Attachments

• 0B879F04-C11F-4E98-AC13-283498E7BF70.png
    0B879F04-C11F-4E98-AC13-283498E7BF70.png
    2 MB · Views: 72
Cooling is recommended but not essentially. It’s running great with no KR but I’ll probably run wmi at some point and turn it up another notch

Cooling is recommended but not essentially. It’s running great with no KR but I’ll probably run wmi at some point and turn it up another notch
So, the turbos are back on eBay and I’m considering dropping some cash on them (PM me if you “made an offer” that was accepted :pirate: )

You’ve been running them about a month now, any issues?

cheers,
John :racer:

So, the turbos are back on eBay and I’m considering dropping some cash on them (PM me if you “made an offer” that was accepted :pirate: )

You’ve been running them about a month now, any issues?

cheers,
John :racer:
No issues to report so far.
I just showed interest and asked the seller a few questions. He offered me them with a lower price the next day.