1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

S6 tuning options

skiptowncat Dec 23, 2020

1. skiptowncat

skiptowncat Registered User

Hi,
    Considering selling my S4 and buying the S6. I was just wondering what tuning options there are knocking about and what sort of power should I be looking at?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. rjwojcik

rjwojcik Registered User

Lots, stage 1 550 ish, you can add RS6 turbos and get even more.

4. beemerboy9

beemerboy9 Registered User

What's the point when the first Tesla P100D you meet will wipe the floor with even a tuned S6?

Or to put in another way, what 0-100 mph time are you after?

Or to put it another way, what power vs. reliability trade-off are you expecting to make.

Or to put it another way, the MTM S8 Talladega, still with the 4.0 V8, develops 802 BHP, 945 Nm of torque and tops out at 217 mph.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  5. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Remaps are not about whether or not a mobile hairdryer can beat you off the line, it's the OP asking a question about getting an S6 remapped. Plenty of people do it on their cars and they have nowhere near the BHP of an S6. Could be that he just wants a bigger car than the A4 and Tesla don't make estates and have a nice sounding V8 sound track.

OP check out the websites like REVO or ABT they are all clamming around the 100 BHP increase.

However I would have the turbo oil feeds inspected first and either the filters cleaned or replaced as they are know to block.

skiptowncat likes this.
  6. rjwojcik

rjwojcik Registered User

skiptowncat likes this.
  7. beemerboy9

beemerboy9 Registered User

B5NUT, of course you're right.

But that power increase has to signify and achieve something - like a 0-60 or 0-100 time or a 40-100 mph time. Or being able to beat something off the line.

That 550 (or even 802) BHP has to translate into something the re-mapper wants.

I am simply asking what the remapper wants to achieve.

I will absolutely accept that an owner wants a remap to make the car "his" - different from all the other black S6s with tinted windows - without ever using the extra power more than a few times.

When I hear a Merc C63S bi-turbo owner accelerate to 50 mph in a residential area in order to hear the sound of his engine and to let everyone else know that HE is nearby, I can only bring myself to utter an expletive. Fortunately Audi S6 drivers don't do that sort of thing.

8. DonkeyIce

DonkeyIce Registered User

Loads of options, as said above remap and or a simple resonator delete to release some more of that lovely v8 character, facelift models get the pops and bangs as standard

couldn’t care less if an EV would have me from the lights, the v8 has waay more soul than a washing machine and I would be enjoying the noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjwojcik likes this.
  9. skiptowncat

Bragging rights down the pub...if it ever opens ‍♂️

My current stage 2 MRC S4 is fast enough but had it for 8 years now and looking for a change and weighing up some options.

10. skiptowncat

Righto, found a car I want, It says 10 speaker Audi sound system. Would this be Bose or anything like that? Is it any good?

11. Audidi

Audidi Useful idiot

That would be the standard Audi sound system.
    The BOSE has 13 or 14 speakers incl Sub.
    I have the Bose and find it way above average.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. skiptowncat

I’ll have a listen when I go take a look. I have the B&O in my S4 so it might be a deal breaker.

14. Audidi

Audidi Useful idiot

I think that’s very possible.
    The B&O is high end!!!

15. skiptowncat

I’ll see if I can do some upgrades to the stock system and how much it’ll cost. It ticks all the other boxes though

16. Audidi

Audidi Useful idiot

The Bose could do with a better sub, mine doesn’t even have an adjustable sub level, not even through the green menu (RMC)

skiptowncat likes this.
  17. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

The 10 speaker system was the factory default for the A/S6 models (excluding the black edition where Bose was standard) The B&O system on the A6 is a different beast to the B&O offered on the A4, it was a £6300 option on the A6 models and due to that price there are very few A6 C7 cars with the B&O option. Bose was a good upgrade on the C7 and was a £1000 option. Have to say I would be looking for an S6 with a minimum options including tech pack & Bose. The tech pack advanced would be even better as that included radar guided cruse and a few other nice options.

18. skiptowncat

Picking it up Saturday :rock:

RAF_S7 and DonkeyIce like this.
  19. skiptowncat

My S4 is fully loaded, I never use the lane assist, blind spot assist and rarely use the adaptive cruise control so I’m not too fussed about those.

20. DonkeyIce

Make sure you stick some pictures up! [​IMG]
    S6’s

blackwood and skiptowncat like this.
  21. skiptowncat

Loving the car so far, much smoother than my S4. the stereo is actually sounds decent for a standard system. I think I’ll add a sub upgrade at some point.

Decided I’m going to buy a DS1 and srm intakes at the earliest opportunity.

Attached Files:

DonkeyIce likes this.
  22. DonkeyIce

Nice, Q car look too

skiptowncat likes this.
  23. skiptowncat

I don’t have Bose speakers and it’s not in my spec list but I have a Bose amplifier in the back?

Attached Files:

DonkeyIce likes this.
  24. skiptowncat

I thought it sounded decent for a standard stereo

25. skiptowncat

Flashed DS1 stage 1 yesterday, absolute night and day difference to stock. I’m very impressed

martinivw, rjwojcik and DonkeyIce like this.
  26. Roadrunner146

Roadrunner146 Registered User

Wish I hadn't read this thread. I would give my left arm for an S6, need a V8 before we all end up with washing machine engined cars.
    Give me a couple more years.

DonkeyIce and RAF_S7 like this.
  27. RAF_S7

RAF_S7 Registered User Gold Supporter It's my birthday

This is why I’ve kept my S7, it’s got an APR Stage 1 plus some other tweets, and runs around 540BHP.
    I would normally have changed it a few years ago (purchased new 2016)
    But the replacement C8 S7 is a 6 cylinder diesel hairdryer by comparison:scared2:

DonkeyIce likes this.
  28. rjwojcik

rjwojcik Registered User

I'm getting that itch as well

DonkeyIce likes this.
  29. skiptowncat

Srm intakes and h&r anti roll bars going on next Monday. Stage 2 awaits

rjwojcik likes this.