S6 to be diesel.....

Admittedly, the one at Stoke has almost every optional extra in the spec. But still would rather have a 55, or even a 50. It just doesn't seem elevated above the rest of the range enough, to justify the price difference. Maybe if they used the V8 tdi from the SQ7/8 models, it would make more sense?

Admittedly, the one at Stoke has almost every optional extra in the spec. But still would rather have a 55, or even a 50. It just doesn't seem elevated above the rest of the range enough, to justify the price difference. Maybe if they used the V8 tdi from the SQ7/8 models, it would make more sense?

Absolutely mate. Having the S6 with the same power as the S4 S5 is just weird. The SQ7 engine is actually a cracker.
55 tfsi seems to be the pick of the A6 range.

Reactions: Robbe and DaveW
77k for a coal burner :tearsofjoy: :puke:

Crazy money lol

But it is technically still a brand new s car n it looks loaded with options.

I think we should all reserve judgment until someone actually drives one of these s diesels.

The v6 tdi engine itself is a great engine especially when tuned. I think it is the gearbox that has let it down however in recent versions.

So with the new sq7 tech I'm sure it will be a cracker.

But still 77k is ALOT

extras or not 77k is pretty punchy.
You would really have to hope the new s-diesel engine is a bit special, even so it would still be top dollar

Last edited:
Why produce a vehicle for a diminishing market, to the public diesels are in free fall and dead in the water..
They can produce a S8 with a petrol engine so why not any other of the S cars https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/s8/107274/new-flagship-audi-s8-revealed-with-563bhp and the other german manufacturers are still focusing on petrol.
Plus Audi's track record it shows they've not learned from the diesel scandal https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/audi-accused-using-four-defeat-devices-v6-diesel

Why produce a vehicle for a diminishing market, to the public diesels are in free fall and dead in the water..
They can produce a S8 with a petrol engine so why not any other of the S cars https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/s8/107274/new-flagship-audi-s8-revealed-with-563bhp and the other german manufacturers are still focusing on petrol.
Plus Audi's track record it shows they've not learned from the diesel scandal https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/audi-accused-using-four-defeat-devices-v6-diesel
The new S8 looks lovely

Reactions: NevMan, DaveW and selleym
The S6 TDi is now available in the Audi UK configurator. What is no longer available by the look of it, is the 55TFSi engine.
Maybe it's only going to be available in the Vorsprung Edition when it's out?

The S6 TDi is now available in the Audi UK configurator. What is no longer available by the look of it, is the 55TFSi engine.
Maybe it's only going to be available in the Vorsprung Edition when it's out?
Maybe. How sneaky. Seems to me they dont want people going for the cheaper and in many peoples eyes more desirable 55tfsi s line.

Reactions: NevMan
Maybe. How sneaky. Seems to me they dont want people going for the cheaper and in many peoples eyes more desirable 55tfsi s line.

Yep, would be sneaky. Make you pay top whack for vorsprung version if you want a decent petrol.

"And with a range and economy"
These words should never be mentioned in the review of a S or RS Car!

It certainly does and that is strange, as the electric compressor is supposed to reduce lag.

As others have said, compressor clearly not eliminating lag, so maybe not big/powerful enough. Imagine as always this will be refined/improved with future iterations, that is before we all drive milk floats

Ok so I speced up one of these on car wow And was offered 13k or 20percent discount already.

A 50tdi black edition was giving me 23 percent. Personally I prefer the black edition looks. Standard s alloys are quite rubbish, worse than sline imo.

It’s a lot of extra money but you do get adaptive suspension, tech pack and much better Seats thrown in. Reviews suggest it’s much better round corners too. Not sure why?

With these discounts I am not discounting the car as it may suite my needs for a big luxury family car with occasional fun round twisties.

However, I am going to wait to see if the m550i turns up with its petrol v8. Will it get simikar discounts? How will pcp and leases look? All important questions in real world.

Reactions: NevMan
I reckon these will be great value when they're a year old. At £75k it's too expensive for my next daily driver, though.

Ok so I speced up one of these on car wow And was offered 13k or 20percent discount already.

A 50tdi black edition was giving me 23 percent. Personally I prefer the black edition looks. Standard s alloys are quite rubbish, worse than sline imo.

It’s a lot of extra money but you do get adaptive suspension, tech pack and much better Seats thrown in. Reviews suggest it’s much better round corners too. Not sure why?

With these discounts I am not discounting the car as it may suite my needs for a big luxury family car with occasional fun round twisties.

However, I am going to wait to see if the m550i turns up with its petrol v8. Will it get simikar discounts? How will pcp and leases look? All important questions in real world.

Black edition 50tdi with a DTUK tuning box seems the way to go. It will be interesting to see what the monthly will be on the 550. Very appealing machine to me especially as a touring. If the S6 had been the petrol it would of been top of my list to replace my S5.

No one is buying this for 75k. The dealer is having a laugh.

As I said discounts are 20 percent brand new and with new car finance rates.

Out of interest I got some pricing for a 50 TDI Quattro Tip Auto Black Edition Tech, Automatic, Diesel, saloon total RRP £54,580 and the best price I got was £41,687. Even if you can get 20% off the new S6 its hard to justify over the 50tdi black ed.

Reactions: Bryant1998
I got 51k quote for s6 with metallic paint and comfort pack. This includes tech pack and adaptive suspension and upgraded seats you don’t get in regular.

Is it worth it? Devil is in details. Reviewers say standard 50tdi has sluggish gearbox, slightly gruff engine and not that special through corners. Reviewers suggest s6 much better at all these. How true that is might tell us whether it’s worth it. I agree engine alone certainly doesn’t seem to be.

Reactions: Scotty Corse
It's about 6 months too early for me yet, but I'm interested to hear where the pricing is heading for these.

Saloon or avant, I've not yet made my mind up.

You can now get a new S6 saloon with comfort and sound and privacy for 44k. They are just not selling. Remember the 70k ones when first released? Hahaha it was wishful thinking