S6 C7 tyre options

BlueEmJay

Solutions
Reaction score
Tyres are boring I know, so apologies for this one.. have had my S6 C7 2018 for a few months. I changed the Audi Approved Pirelli P Zeros almost straight away because of so much noise. The M25 anti clock between the M3 and Gatwick - it felt like my ears would bleed. Tried the Goodyear Eagle Assy3, non approved. Good tyre I had on a BMW 335, and rated 69db on the Audi. They're a smidgen quieter, and do have generous rim protectors, but I am now wondering If I should have given Pirelli another try and gone for their Pirelli P Zero "Silent" option.

Has anyone got these tyres? Or anything that is in a Premium range which doesn't produce a droning noise?

Reactions: Bishop187
Tyres are boring I know, so apologies for this one.. have had my S6 C7 2018 for a few months. I changed the Audi Approved Pirelli P Zeros almost straight away because of so much noise. The M25 anti clock between the M3 and Gatwick - it felt like my ears would bleed. Tried the Goodyear Eagle Assy3, non approved. Good tyre I had on a BMW 335, and rated 69db on the Audi. They're a smidgen quieter, and do have generous rim protectors, but I am now wondering If I should have given Pirelli another try and gone for their Pirelli P Zero "Silent" option.

Has anyone got these tyres? Or anything that is in a Premium range which doesn't produce a droning noise?

That stretch of m25 is horrible. Drove down it when I 1st got my A7, was on continentals, and me passenger thought I had a flat tyre. Car has 21” wheels though. I’m now on Michelin PS4s now which are a little quieter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BlueEmJay
I found bridgestones quieter than my current P Zero's

I’ve always put 20” P-Zeros on my S7 for summer use, and 19” Goodyear Ultragrip Plus for the winter.

I’ve never found the P-Z’s noisy, and Ive travelled that particular stretch of the M5 a few times. Not sure any tire can quieten that rumble :racer:

I’ve always put 20” P-Zeros on my S7 for summer use, and 19” Goodyear Ultragrip Plus for the winter.

I’ve never found the P-Z’s noisy, and Ive travelled that particular stretch of the M5 a few times. Not sure any tire can quieten that rumble :racer:
thanks RAF_57. Very interesting that you find that motorway ok. I drove a standard A6. It had 19" wheels and was 2016. The road noise was noticeably improved. On that extra noisy journey, the tyres that were fitted when I bought the car, had more than 2mm tread thickness difference between front and back. Don't know if this messes with the quattro, or would have an effect on a motorway run....
Also interesting you use different tyres for winter. I am guessing there is an appreciable difference to handling? I am in the south and sure we get cold and wet, but not much snow (we will now!)

Reactions: RAF_S7
I have a 2012 3.0 S-Line Avant with standard wheels, I also found the original-fit Pirellis very noisy. I now use Goodyear EfficientGrip and find them excellent in all respects, including certainly very quiet compared with others.
My son runs an A3 and he's been so impressed with my tyres that he now also uses the same type on his car.

I’ve had 3 c7’s (fwd and Quattros) and the worse tyre for noise was the factory Bridgestones especially when they wore down a little. The best for noise was the Michelin pilot 3 ao followed by the good year asymmetric 3(Maybe 2, can’t remember). Michelins did get noisier as they wore nearer the limits. I found the winter tyres I had was quieter than them all, dunlops winter sport 3d.
these were on 19s and 20s. The Michelins was definitely the better for ride comfort. Just soaked the bumps up better.
got the Pzeros on the s3 now and they are noisy once they start wearing but when new they were quiet and comfortable.