S6 bonnet grille into an A6.

quattrojames

Staff member
Reaction score
Does an S6 grille fit into an A6? Reading online there seem to be fitment differences between the V8 models, but these were mainly American forums.

Can anyone confirm from experience?

I believe that the v8 models are all slightly wider to accommodate the engine.

I have this grille in the garage and it is the same size and will fit but needs alterations - the bottom of the cutout in the normal A6 bonnet is missing on S6 and RS6 and there is a bar across the bottom of the grille to strngthen this bit - no real idea why this difference. This bar needs to be removed and it needs a bit of work to plastic grille to allow fitting as clips etc are different - also the bonnet release pull is in a slightly different place so this also may need alteration.

None of this is too difficult but I haven't yet decided it its worth the effort - maybe next summer if a bit warmer.

Keep in touch if you go ahead and I will do it as well!!

good link on US site for RS6 grille but same principal - Nose Job - Installed the RS6 grill on 2.7T - AudiWorld Forums

which has piccies etc

Last edited:
Reactions: quattrojames
Nice one Inskip, thanks for the link. All I have managed to find to date was links for fitting an S6 grille to a V8, and they were all American links too so I was sure on their relevance.

I have one incoming, so watch this space..!

Look what came today!

It will be a while until I get time to try and fit it I think, I was surprised that the S6 badge moulding is part of the grille unlike on the S4's. Not sure what I'll do with that, I have an idea, but I don't know if it will work, so I might have to revert to plan B of getting an S// type badge which will be squarer and fit in the hole, we'll see.

a friend of mine does acrylic laser cutting. you could get any logo you wanted cut to fit that space.

search 'little big laser'

:)