S6 Alarm Gremlins Update - Advice Appreciated!

936ADL

Reaction score
I've posted a couple of timeas about the problems i'm experiencing with my alarm.

I've had the local dealer dump the diagnostics from the car(f.o.c i might add!) and they suspect that it's one of the ultra-sonic interior sensors that's causing the problems.

They cleared the faults out and sent me off to see if the problem persists. Guess what? It does!

So, if it is the sensor they suggest, they want £220 to replace. That seems a bit steep to me, but i'm not sure what else i can do.

The other interesting point is that when i try and disable the interior monitors using the button on the b pillar it makes no difference and the alarm will still go off at random.

Help!

just posted on your other thread....
are you sure the alarm is being triggered rather than just a faulty sounder? do the indicators flash?

I had a similar problem with my Allroad.The alarm would trigger randomly.It turned out to be a glass breakage sensor in one of the rear side windows.
Regards
djl

If you want to save a bit of cash try getting a used part from a breaker, this may help.

Is the alarm the only problem or are there any interior lights, puddle lights etc. that should come on when a door is opened & don't?

Dave

All sorted now!

Turns out it was the sensor after all. It's now replaced and everything seems to be back to normal(famous last words.......)