S5 S/B order subject to MY 17/18 production delays

It must be physical at the dealers if they are asking you to sign the finance papers.

Nope, I had this appointment since last week, when it was still on the continent.

We'll see tomorrow.

I've only just signed my finance papers today and pick up the car tomorrow!

I've had a long wait unfortunately from the car being built to delivery. It's taken 5-6 weeks.

So dealer called me today, the car arrived at last!
Thats about where the good news ends. Originally I was going to sign the finance papers tomorrow, and pick up the car later that day, but they called me a couple of hours later that they have to "open my original finance agreement", and that could take up to a week. WTF? Apparently because I ordered the car in December they had different deals(better deals) and because of that they need to "open my file" so they can make sure I'll get the car for the amount of money we already agreed to.
So I've got delayed by everyone on the line so far and now even the ****** dealer is starts to figure out ways to make this unnecessarily longer; unbelievable!

Sounds like the salesman doesn't know his job. So they've got to propose you on VWFS and allow the same finance allowances as when you ordered it in December. Ask to speak to his boss as you want to take the car tomorrow.

This was the financial department actually that told me that. The salesman was trying to get me the car tomorrow. We'll see. I'm quite busy in the next few days anyway, so its not the end of the world.

They found the paperwork after all, I'm picking up the car later today! Finally!

Yeah, got it! Posted some pics to the other topic. OMG its a beast! I need to drive this the whole weekend now!

Ive picked my car up today. Had issues with windows, pax window opened half way when door opened.
Dealer seems to have sorted, said they reset the window settings - will see how it goes.

Does anyone know how to set the mirrors to autofold when car is locked?
I found a switch position on the mirror control panel but that folds them when you're driving along!

MMI->Car->Vehicle Settings->Central locking->Fold mirrors
I dont know why this box isn't ticked by default, should be mandatory on every single car

Thanks KBB, found it, it's in a sub-menu.
One thing I noted today is the Big screen goes blank when showing Sat Nav Google Earth maps and says please wait, whereas the VC Sat Nav display works fine.
Is this because it's selected to Google Earth and can't get a good enough signal or something else, all the other pages work?
Windows working fine today.

Thanks KBB, found it, it's in a sub-menu.
One thing I noted today is the Big screen goes blank when showing Sat Nav Google Earth maps and says please wait, whereas the VC Sat Nav display works fine.
Is this because it's selected to Google Earth and can't get a good enough signal or something else, all the other pages work?
Windows working fine today.

There's been a wider issue with google being slow to access and/or updating whilst driving. A few of us have experienced this. There's a thread on it in here. Mine seems ok now (phew!)

Ive picked my car up today. Had issues with windows, pax window opened half way when door opened.
Dealer seems to have sorted, said they reset the window settings - will see how it goes.

Does anyone know how to set the mirrors to autofold when car is locked?
I found a switch position on the mirror control panel but that folds them when you're driving along!

I really hope you don't have this same window issues, but check your windows on opening to make sure they always drop slightly. A small number of us have had this issue repeatedly where window doesn't drop, and dealers cannot resolve it! See thread on bricked S5. Mine got much worse over time but started appearing in first week. When you said your window opened half way when opening the door, that was a red flag for me because we have also had this symptom, but much less frequently (for me anyway) - on the weekend mine dropped approx. 10cm on opening (several times).

Hi b0k, Yes I am aware of these issues and told the Service rep. at the dealer about them. They claimed the front windows needed resetting as they were dropping too far, fronts more like 5cm I would say, then the pax window opening half way down they couldn't explain. Having reset them the drop is very small on opening now and no longer get wind noise.
Is there a service bulletin or software update your has had that you can give me as I want to make sure its up to date and this is noted on the car's file? As usual they don't want to listen to the customer.

Unfortunately there is no fix (whatever they tell you) - they don't know what causes it and have tried changing hardware and software without success. Just keep an eye on it, especially the small drop. Your rejection position is strongest in first 30 days.