S5 / RS5 Conversion

Mokeylock

Reaction score
I was wondering, could the following be taken off the new RS5 and fit on the new S5 sportback?

- the front bumper
- rear bumper
- exhaust tips

Is it an easy swap job?

is the rs wider than the s ?

if its wider you will need the wings rear arches etc

Yes the RS5 has wider arches, you could change quarters & wings, but as an S5 stands, front/rear RS5 bumpers wouldnt pnp.

Yes the RS5 has wider arches, you could change quarters & wings, but as an S5 stands, front/rear RS5 bumpers wouldnt pnp.

Thanx for the reply. Any idea how much something like that would cost (parts only) or where i can get the parts from other than audi itself ?

regarding the rear bumper, yeah i can see a difference where the rear lights are. Any idea if anyone here has tried fitting the front bumper and arches of the RS5 on an S5 Sportback / Coupe ?

It wont be cheap at all imho, unless a rear ended rs5 comes up, then its audi for sure.

I have the RS5 rear diffuser sections if that would help?

Sure, here you go-

306b60ac.jpg

fceba340.jpg

0a8c7cb3.jpg

I was planning on making a carbon version but decided against it. So it's never been used but sat in a box in my garage.

If its for sale, put it in the classifieds please.

If its for sale, put it in the classifieds please.

What post count do you need for that? I haven't mentioned anything of the sort to stay within the forum guide lines.

What post count do you need for that? I haven't mentioned anything of the sort to stay within the forum guide lines.

You have no restrictions on your account. If you wish to sell your grill, please place an ad in classifieds. If anyone is interested in this item, please contact the user by pm. Thank you.

What grille?

Wasn't looking to make a for sale post, just helping out a forum member.

What grille?

Wasn't looking to make a for sale post, just helping out a forum member.

My mistake, diffuser. If you decide to sell, use classifieds.

Long shot but have you still got the diffuser and grill ? Regards tony

Did you manage to make the conversion? Wouldn't mind seeing how it looked if you did.

I did a bit of research on this recently - I've seen that the front bumper starts at a different height on the wings than the S5 bumper so the wings need to be trimmed so that the new bumper can be attached. Basically unless you're going to replace the front bumper and wings (not cheap for everything) then it's not going to be easy. An alternative is the Rieger front bumper which looks similar and isn't as difficult to fit. Goes on with no modifications to the wings though takes a bit of time to get it fitted properly. But then with the Rieger front bumper you need skirts etc because it sits lower and wider than the rest of the car.

I would not recommend the rieger bumper very poor build quality I went down this route but took it off in the end and sold it I have now done a full rs5 conversion front and back using genuine parts

Did you need wings as well as the bumpers? Anything else needed at all? Also, could you provide a rough cost please?

ImageYes I replaced the front and rear wings and did the facelift conversion price varies I picked some parts up second hand

Another shot all done

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 1,063
Rear photo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 876
Photo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 826
Finished

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 879
P

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 856
Looks stunning but much more work than I thought it would be!

Full respray needed too?

Yes everything was. Painted apart from the boot lid