S5 / RS5 Conversion

Mokeylock

I was wondering, could the following be taken off the new RS5 and fit on the new S5 sportback?

- the front bumper
- rear bumper
- exhaust tips

Is it an easy swap job?

hades-

VCDS Map User
is the rs wider than the s ?

if its wider you will need the wings rear arches etc

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Yes the RS5 has wider arches, you could change quarters & wings, but as an S5 stands, front/rear RS5 bumpers wouldnt pnp.

Mokeylock

Yes the RS5 has wider arches, you could change quarters & wings, but as an S5 stands, front/rear RS5 bumpers wouldnt pnp.

Thanx for the reply. Any idea how much something like that would cost (parts only) or where i can get the parts from other than audi itself ?

Mokeylock

regarding the rear bumper, yeah i can see a difference where the rear lights are. Any idea if anyone here has tried fitting the front bumper and arches of the RS5 on an S5 Sportback / Coupe ?

NHN

Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
It wont be cheap at all imho, unless a rear ended rs5 comes up, then its audi for sure.

TT-Turbo

Sure, here you go-

306b60ac.jpg

fceba340.jpg

0a8c7cb3.jpg

I was planning on making a carbon version but decided against it. So it's never been used but sat in a box in my garage.

NHN

Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
If its for sale, put it in the classifieds please.

Sandra

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Audi Main Dealer
Platinum Supporter
What post count do you need for that? I haven't mentioned anything of the sort to stay within the forum guide lines.

You have no restrictions on your account. If you wish to sell your grill, please place an ad in classifieds. If anyone is interested in this item, please contact the user by pm. Thank you.

93T

Long shot but have you still got the diffuser and grill ? Regards tony

AdamZA

I did a bit of research on this recently - I've seen that the front bumper starts at a different height on the wings than the S5 bumper so the wings need to be trimmed so that the new bumper can be attached. Basically unless you're going to replace the front bumper and wings (not cheap for everything) then it's not going to be easy. An alternative is the Rieger front bumper which looks similar and isn't as difficult to fit. Goes on with no modifications to the wings though takes a bit of time to get it fitted properly. But then with the Rieger front bumper you need skirts etc because it sits lower and wider than the rest of the car.

93T

I would not recommend the rieger bumper very poor build quality I went down this route but took it off in the end and sold it I have now done a full rs5 conversion front and back using genuine parts

AdamZA

Did you need wings as well as the bumpers? Anything else needed at all? Also, could you provide a rough cost please?

93T

image.jpg Yes I replaced the front and rear wings and did the facelift conversion price varies I picked some parts up second hand

AdamZA

Looks stunning but much more work than I thought it would be!

Full respray needed too?

Brennan

Former Audi Driver
Is that your real number plate? :confused:

Brennan

Former Audi Driver
Nice, bet that cost a pretty penny