S5 Massaging Seats and Boot opening using a kick

rickparmar

Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can keep the massaging seats on longer than 15 mins? I do have obdeleven

also does anyone's S5 have this option, handsfree boot opening using your foot?

I don't seem to have it on mine,

Advanced key with electric hands-free boot opening system
Access and authorisation system that works through automatic data exchange between key and vehicle, allowing the driver to keep their car key in their pocket or bag at all times. To unlock and open, simply lift the exterior door handle. Pressing the start/ stop button integrated in the centre console starts and stops the engine. Also includes an electric hands-free boot lid release sensor located underneath the rear bumper, which can be operated by a simple kicking movement below the sensor

"handsfree boot opening using your foot"
The key has to be very close to the bootlid, eg. in your pocket (but not in a RFID protection or faraday pouch). Using your foot can be very tempermental, as I have no idea where the sensor is under the rear. But if the vehicle is locked; you stand next to the bootlid with the key in one hand and use the external boot lid handle with the other, and the boot will not open, well, you do not appear to have it.

Stand near (1-2 ft away), in middle, with key (in pocket is fine). Swing foot forward under bumper, and back (once). No contact with car. Opens every time.

I’ve found it always takes 2 kicks! There is a knack to it - some colleagues think it’s great but can’t get it to work, whereas I get it to work nearly every time with the double kick method!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What year are your cars? I looked under the boot and I couldn't see any sensors.

I will try doing the kick again tomorrow

Had it on MY17 and now on MY18. Need advanced key option with boot opening. If tow hitch fitted then not sure if they disable...

As said above, it’s part of the Advanced Key Option, which itself can be part of the Sound and Comfort Pack!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro