S5 grill paint, wrap or plasti dip?

sharma

Reaction score
I have a Grey Audi S5 (2008 - pre facelift) and I got a set of OEM 20 inch RS5 Titanium Rotors for the car. They sit on there nicely but now I think the front grill needs to be blacked out a bit.

Personally I don't think the RS5 honeycomb grill really looks great on an S5.

I have seen a lot of people plasti dip their grill and it seems to work well. Can anyone here recommend painting or wrapping or going with the plasti dip?

In addition most people black out the whole grill but I think it would look nice to leave the edge of the grill in chrome, that way it would still match the mirrors, what do you guys think?

The only two examples I could find are below but not enough to compare two cars (one where the car is covered by a shadow for the most part).

Attachments

• 90f70dbe.jpg
    90f70dbe.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 769
  • ffb670bf1a3d4361498cc68125f91e31.jpg
    ffb670bf1a3d4361498cc68125f91e31.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 1,252
I think a wrap would be best. I’ve some experience of plastidip and it can be a bit of a ballache.

I've been looking to do this also, you wouldn't be able to wrap the honeycomb so only options really are plastidip, paint or hydro dip but the hydrodip I think you would need to seperate the grill.

I'd be tempted to get it painted by a pro. The last thing you want is to have to try and remove chipping paint from the honeycomb.

On the other hand you can repair plastidip as I read somewhere that the aerosols turn the dip back into a sort of liquid so you can fix chips. Also the more layers you apply the more hard-wearing it will be but I guess that applies to paint also.