1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

S5 Exhaust Valve Mod

R.A.G May 27, 2017

1. benibarra23

benibarra23 Registered User

Thanks to you guinea pigs for trying it out. Just picked up my 2019 S5 Sportback. Im loving this car. Wish it was louder though like you. Couple of questions before I pull the plugs. Does it show a fault on the dash? Can you do it with out lifting the car up on a jack?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Craig999

Craig999 Registered User

Don't need to pull plugs just set individual setting to sport and when you start the car toggle from dynamic to individual and back to dynamic and valves stay open till you switch of engine as below

4. Tony Resta

Tony Resta Registered User

Two quick clips of the exhaust sound after having unplugged the valves. It's no RS tone obviously but I feel it's much better than before, and has a nice deep sound during low revs around the city.

Simonwhite2000 and Buck like this.
  5. Simonwhite2000

Simonwhite2000 840i GC

I need to get some sound clips done of the Milltek before it comes off and the S5 goes back :-(

Tony Resta likes this.
  6. thesmileyone

thesmileyone Registered User

Nice I live just ~5 miles NW from where that video was taken. I will look out for you! Someone pulled up to me at those traffic lights recently in a S5 sportback, waited for me to drive off, which I did in my very muted 2.0T (it has an OPF so even more muted :/) then stormed off in his S5 which clearly had the valve job done!!! Sounded lovely.

7. JulienG

JulienG Registered User

For those who have disconnected the valves too keep them open, are you able to hear a difference in Dynamic + drive Sport mode ?
    Thanks
    Julien