S5 drive select coding

eugenesamuels

Reaction score
Hi all I've just changed my a5 tdi cabriolet for a 2013 s5 3.0 tfsi.
It hasent got drive select so I'm just wondering what would be the benefits of having this coded in as I have 3g high mmi. Had this done on my 2012 tdi a5 but only gave me throttle and steering options could I get all the benefits of drive select on the s5 ie dynamic sports economy mode and so on thanks for reading

Hey, good that you ve asked this question as Im in ythe same situation.. well see what experienced s5 owners will comment:)

Hey, good that you ve asked this question as Im in ythe same situation.. well see what experienced s5 owners will comment:)
Hi I've have messaged a couple of local people off the vcds maps to see if they can help will update if any news

Audi drive select enabled simple too and boy what a difference in throttle response and sound amazing feel like the car has just woken up all you need is a carista dongle and the carista app paid version £8.99 for a week trail dongle is about £19 but I've ordered one that I don't need If your interested in it,,,after ordering I remembered I had a dongle from a previous Audi which did the job also played with a few other options

Hey, thanks to coming back! Oh Im all itchy to unlock it. Im looking @ proffesional vag com cable with vcds program now...just tell my jow can you code with commercial app on your phone?!)) Whete are you based?)

Oh I see, its Leicester... far from where I live..
It's easy to do with carista no coding needing just check boxes ie enable drive select, save and job done app(carista) cost me £8.99 for a week trail or I think it's about £31 for the year but I have done all the tweaks now so don't need a year sub you can also get free apps to use with it to do fault diagnoses and stuff

Hey! Good morning! Received mine on Wed and done all aswell. The only thing - I dont feel the difference when I go dynamic mode tbh... and its so weird that I still need to go in S mode... but I liked the caristas idea... surprised that you dont need coding anymore:)) Im keeping my yearly subscription - going to help the others to unleash their hidden options!

Hi I can feel better throttle response and the sound changes and yeah shame you still have to maually put it in sport not sure I can feel any diff on the steering but in comfort I seem to be able to stretch out the mpg with sensible driving

Just done this using Carista worked a treat!.. also unlocked a few other options too :)

Reactions: eugenesamuels
Hey all not sure if any of you have the same issue coding drive select with carista but mine would not automatically go into sports mode when in dynamic. Since coding with carista I have purchased obd eleven and recoded drive select and now works as it should ie dynamic mode puts the transmition into sport also added extra mode=efficiency which now shows e1 e2 e3 on dis when In this mode also few other tweaks like video in motion.obd eleven pretty much has similar coding options to vcds long coding and adaptations great bit of kit