S5 coupe sooner than expected

Stevier88

Reaction score
So after coming from an A5 coupe which i loved i said i wanted an S5. Decided not to go for the facelift s5 as it was too similar to my pre facelift a5 and hearing that a new platform was going to be relased i decided to get an s3 saloon to tide me over until the new S5 was released. Plan was keep the S3 for 2/2 n a half years, but its no secret that i'm not the bigegst fan of the s3 after a year and a half ownership. Sat in an s5 in stirling audi and got back in the s3 was so underwhelmed with the intertior. Specc'd up a coupe through the audi configurator and sent it onto the the sales guy who sold me my S3 who came back with

Manhatton grey
Adaptive S Sport suspension with damping control
Audi Virtual Cockpit
Bang & Olufsen 3D Sound System
Door mirrors - electrically folding mirrors
Flat bottomed 3-spoke leather trimmed high multi-function steering wheel
(and paddles for automatic transmissions)
Inlays - Carbon atlas
Light & Vision Pack
Panoramic glass sunroof
Privacy glass (side and rear windows)
quattro with Sports differential
Rear-view camera

ROTR price 54,070.00, £2500 deposit down £2500 dealer contribution 48month pcp...£738 a month. decided to spec one up orange wheels and see what discounts were about, same spec ROTR 47,221 so nearly a 7k saving! Has anyone had their dealer match a broker with a new S5 coupe?

Have you tried carwow? I got a similar discount through a main dealer with that?

Actually just specing it up on car wow just now! didnt expect such a big discount already so was wondering if the dealers were actually matching the prices or even coming close.

Yup worth asking. Dealers vary in their response though.

My dealer wasn't a carwow one, but they wanted my business so matched my best offer from Coventry at the time.

I've had a dealer match a car wow offer before (Cambridge matching Kings Lynn), so I think it's possible if you have done your homework. Personally I would be ready to dump them and switch to the dealer that's gives you the best offer if they don't.

I think it depends where you live. My 3 nearest dealers where I live in West Berks wouldn't even make any offer at all in response to the quote I got from Audi Hitchin via Carwow. I got the impression that their idea of a deal was that I pay list price and they give me free paint protection etc.

Yes it's strange isn't it, I guess it depends on whether they feel they have a captive audience? My view was screw them, if they wouldn't do a deal, I'd walk out of the garage and go elsewhere. I'm quite happy to drive a couple of hundred miles to save several thousand pounds thanks very much

I've got the best deal from Carwow.

I got the cold shoulder from two dealers who tried the "what? Discount on a new model?" Line when I went in with my CW quote.

I simply said that's the price to match. One even said that that price was below what they bought for (yeh! Right!) and they were a Sytner dealership.

The trouble round here is that all the Audi dealerships are Sytner so not exactly competing for your cash!

Salisbury Audi matched carwow deal with around 7K off. Just waiting for the Coupe to be transported from Sherness....

I think some of you are getting great deals on B9s, not far off what some of us got on B8.5s. I think it shows how the car industry has changed and I'm thankful for the likes of Carwow etc. in allowing people like me (bad negotiators) to get the pest price. On top of that I am surprised that UK prices are no longer ridiculous. I bought my B5 S4 new in 2001. Looking at the prices that Germans were paying for their S4s I went for the personal import route and made a serious saving (and IIRC that was with a poorer exchange rate than for the previous years). But currently the base price of an S5 Coupe on audi.de is 63,390 euros and on audi.co.uk it is £47,000. Now even if the base specs are different, that does seem like a reversal - now Germans are paying significantly more for their S5s than us!

lowest price so far from carwow bolton audi £45,991 £7.4k discount. I have sent it on to the sales guy to see if he will match it. Would like to go through stirling audi again as they have been brilliant and built up a good relationship with the guys there unfortuanelty due to the fact i've been back so many times with the s3 but if they wont match it looks like bolton audi!

lowest price so far from carwow bolton audi £45,991 £7.4k discount. I have sent it on to the sales guy to see if he will match it. Would like to go through stirling audi again as they have been brilliant and built up a good relationship with the guys there unfortuanelty due to the fact i've been back so many times with the s3 but if they wont match it looks like bolton audi!

Who you dealing with from Audi? Lad Abie has always been pretty good with the family. Dealt with him for years. However, can only offer you what they can, so surely given the discount your better through carwow. I'd say use that as leverage, but they'll never match it. So best to deal with carwow, orange wheels or coast2coast for too discount. Youl find they won't be that far away. Thing it's Audi Coventry that offers some cracking deals. Not that far away if the deal is right

Graeme McCall @ Stirling Audi. Service has been top notch from them and above and beyond Glasgow audi. Probably looking like going through carwow and a trip to Bolton although Liverpool Audi was a pretty close match as well!