S5 Coupe/SB are now officially 174 g/km!

Swelli

Reaction score
I see Audi have finally publised the figures on the website with the S5 Cab coming in at 181 g/km, but no other changes I can see.

That puts the coupe’s first year road tax rate up by £300 in the UK (the official mpg has also changed - gone from 38.2mpg (I think it was?) down to 36.7 mpg) - I wonder if Audi / dealers will try to pass this on to customers who’ve already placed orders. I know we can cancel once the new figures were released (according to the website) but think it’ll be quite interesting if they try to pass this on to customers who’ve already signed orders.

The website already reflects the increase OTR price for new orders.

Last edited:
Will this have an impact on existing owners?

From what I understand - cars ordered before 23/8 will carry the original figures. The changes will be on vehicles ordered after this date and therefore be subject to the updated figures (CO2 and MPG).

Reactions: Lawrence7
From what I understand - cars ordered before 23/8 will carry the original figures. The changes will be on vehicles ordered after this date and therefore be subject to the updated figures (CO2 and MPG).

Thanks! The dealer helped me out and managed to get it registered on 29/03, only just beat the new tax rules!