S5 Cab Bose Sound not working

Brian1976

Reaction score
Hey guys hope you can help.

Last night I started a journey and my radio was working fine (MMI 3G, 2010 S5 Cab, Bose Stereo). For no reason it then popped and crackled and the sound went completely although the MMI still works perfectly.

I tried a button push reset (didn't work). I then removed the 30A and 7.5A fuses in the boot that relate to the audio system, I checked them and replaced them straight away. The Sound returned to all inputs.

I left the car overnight same problem, used the same solution with the same result. It's now without sound again. So I guess this rules out the amp being blown. I'm baffled as to what is causing it as the fuses aren't blown, a button reset doesn't work but removing and replacing fuses does!!!! (For a while)

I'll check it on the VCDS when I get home on Friday.

What should I look for and has anybody come across this before, or have any suggestions.

Cheers for reading

Brian

Update: The speakers work for about 10mins and then there's a phase of thumping like a bad connection to the amp (like a guitar being unplugged from a live amp) then there is no sound I guess some protection system kicks in.

Sorry cant help much, other than suggest perhaps a faulty connection?

But FYI, the S5 system is B&O, not Bose.

Good luck with getting a fix!

Reactions: Brian1976
Sorry cant help much, other than suggest perhaps a faulty connection?

But FYI, the S5 system is B&O, not Bose.

Good luck with getting a fix!
Cheers for the info my S4 had Bose, I'll have another look on the forums for answers if the amps got wet I'll try to remove it myself and clean it up. Always learning.

Cheers

Cheers for the info my S4 had Bose, I'll have another look on the forums for answers if the amps got wet I'll try to remove it myself and clean it up. Always learning.

Cheers

Has the rear window been tinted?

Has the rear window been tinted?
No it's standard. I can't see any water damage but it does sound like there is some protection kicking in as when the sound comes back it sounds fine so the amp can't be blown.

I have VCDS but can't get to it and also I don't know what I'll be able to figure out from it as I'm a bit new to it.

No it's standard. I can't see any water damage but it does sound like there is some protection kicking in as when the sound comes back it sounds fine so the amp can't be blown.

I have VCDS but can't get to it and also I don't know what I'll be able to figure out from it as I'm a bit new to it.

Sorry, I'll be useless as well!

Worth posting the VCDS codes over on A5OC. Good bunch over there and it's a bit more active than the A5 section on this forum.

Worth having a search on there to see if anyone has posted a similar issue too.

Reactions: Brian1976
Sorry, I'll be useless as well!

Worth posting the VCDS codes over on A5OC. Good bunch over there and it's a bit more active than the A5 section on this forum.

Worth having a search on there to see if anyone has posted a similar issue too.
Cheers for the heads up. I've looke on A5OC but might post there too, as at least if no one really knows I feel less bad about taking the dealership hit.