1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S5 brakes

DaveTM May 16, 2018

1. DaveTM

DaveTM New Member

is everyone pleased with the brakes on their S5 ?
    You seem to have to stamp hard to stop if going quick?
    Have golf before and seemed to have sharper brakes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Meemo

Meemo Well-Known Member Supercharged Audi S5 Black Edition

mine are pretty sharp tbh, reversing with the auto i find there is either go or stop.. no inbetween to slow it down haha reversing can look a little stop starty which is annoying when trying to get within an inch of the wall behind without shooting into it/complete halting :)
    b8.5 s5 (16 plate)

4. Meemo

Meemo Well-Known Member Supercharged Audi S5 Black Edition

prob worth mentioning the whole car has only 17k on the clock so they arent very old tbf
    You feel yours arent as good as they should be? pretty sure the s5 is heavier than the golf so i might expect it to take a little longer to brake from a greater speed like 80 compared to the golf.. in my eyes that is!

5. Hellz

Hellz Geordie Racer Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Supercharged Audi S5 Black Edition quattro Sportback S tronic

No, not pleased with the brakes on the S5 - going to try some red stuff pads soon as the brakes dont really give me confidence. Had the pads checked for wear and theres 30% ish left so due a change soon.

EDIT: The S3 brakes were far better, granted a different car but still - they at least had some strong stopping power!

6. JG51 AUD

JG51 AUD Well-Known Member Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Supercharged Audi S5 Black Edition quattro

I've just fitted EBC Red Stuff pads & EBC Disc's all round, they do make a difference. Will be looking at getting Q5 4 pot Brembo calipers in the near future, S5 should have these from factory, Q5's are a straight swap, but be careful if looking at doing this mod there are two different sizes of calipers.

JG

Hellz likes this.
  7. DaveTM

DaveTM New Member

Mines only done 14000 so not much
    Yes I know it’s heavier than a golf but faster too so brakes should cope
    They do stop it but more effort involved
    Golf brakes were on like a flash

8. DaveTM

DaveTM New Member

Might look at changing pads
    Never been a fan of EBC pads but that’s from bikes not cars