S5 B9 Aircon issue

Jonnie

Reaction score
Before I spend a small fortune having Audi work out what the problem is I thought it best to ask here first.

My aircon comes on as normal freezing cold for the first few seconds when I start the car and then cuts out. I can hear a fan going like it’s trying to vent from the dash but there’s no air movement from any vent.
If I turn the aircon off the fans all blow as normal and air comes out freezing while it seems to clear whatever cooled air there was and then starts chucking out ambient air. If I put the aircon back on either in normal or Eco a few seconds later it cuts off.

If I go from 16c to 24c (and vice Versa) with the aircon on it will spit out air for a few seconds and then cut out again.

No rattles, hisses, liquid sounds are present either. Coolant and Oil temps are normal too.

Any ideas? The car has just spent 6 weeks parked at a bodyshop so I thought maybe a battery issue but nothing else is out of the ordinary

Did you get or extend the warranty on the car?

Where in the country are you based? I know a guy that people drive miles to, as he knows his stuff and is much cheaper than a main dealership.

Did you get or extend the warranty on the car?

Where in the country are you based? I know a guy that people drive miles to, as he knows his stuff and is much cheaper than a main dealership.
Warranty has expired unfortunately as I didn’t anticipate keeping it this long (and was literally on the way back from a dealer looking at a new car when it went)

I’m on the Hampshire Surrey border

Warranty has expired unfortunately as I didn’t anticipate keeping it this long (and was literally on the way back from a dealer looking at a new car when it went)

I’m on the Hampshire Surrey border
Too far for the guy I know...good luck.

Too far for the guy I know...good luck.
Cheers anyway. It's now blowing ice cold, way colder than it's ever been in the 4 years I've owned it so I have no idea whats happening.

I've decided to sell it and move on to something else.

Reactions: S32B