S5 Alloy Options

tonyrandl

Reaction score
Hello, first post! I ordered a new S5 today and specced the optional alloys except I haven't seen these in person or in any actual pictures. I went for the only available option which is the updates 5 spoke rotor alloys.
does anyone have a any pics?

I went for Daytona grey, red callipers, magma red interior with the light and tech pack options. can't wait for it to arrive in Sept!

Congrats on the new car.... a few pics below of the rotor alloys from Autocar's S5 Sportback test. What body shape have you ordered?

IMG 3866

IMG 3867

Not sure how much of a difference it makes to how the car drives but these optional alloys are slightly narrower at 245 in comparison to the standard S5 alloys that are 255.

I ordered these wheels as I prefer the look and easier to clean, I too noticed they are narrower in width.
Anyone like to suggest why they are narrower, did Autocar comment on that?

Brilliant, thanks. I think have mad a good choice, they look great.
I went for the coupe.

I really cant wait for it to arrive but I have a 13 week wait. I have my 2012 A5 still to enjoy in the meantime.

When did you order your's? I ordered in mid-April and they said end July production and now its at port of exit so that makes about 9 weeks.

Ordered min on Sat (well, actually 10 days prior but I amended the order on Sat). I arrives last week on August but I told them I would only take it on the 67 reg in Sept.
Got the car at an unbelievable price too.

Seems about right and will probably turn up early August. Assume you're doing the PCP route then as there's 2.5k finance allowance?

Yes, PCP. I have paid 42.5k all in after the discount and finance allowance.

Sounds good - the more options you pick the more money you will loose come trade in time, what spec. did you go for?

Daytona pearl paint, light & vision pack, flat bottom steering wheel, virtual cockpit, red callipers, turbine alloys and the comfort & sound package.

I really couldn't warrant heads up display, carbon pack or additional safety features. I have managed 15 years of driving without them!

Mines quite similar to yours except, no L& V pack, don't see the point of that flat wheel, couldn't spend 300 on red caillipers, getting folding mirrors though as they're costly to replace.

I though the same abut the callipers until I saw a new demo on show in the dealership when I dropped of the initial paperwork. Amended the order a few days later!

I though the same abut the callipers until I saw a new demo on show in the dealership when I dropped of the initial paperwork. Amended the order a few days later!

One of my regrets is not having red calipers, the black ones look good but are VERY subtle! I'm trying to tell myself that they're colour coded as I've got a Mythos car lol!

My dealer had a showroom car with the optional alloys on some time ago, pictures below. I like that they have Quattro written on them, but I stuck with the 'standard' alloys as I prefer the look. The rotor ones seem to suit some colours and not others.
IMG 0118
IMG 0118
IMG 0068

Reactions: R.A.G
Yes, PCP. I have paid 42.5k all in after the discount and finance allowance.
I paid just shy of 43k PCP works out at 14.74% discount. Think I got a good deal
Mythos Black
Privacy glass
Rear camera
L&V pack + VC
Folding mirrors
Flat bottom steering wheel

Consider Dynamic Steering if you haven't ordered already. I didn't and regret it.

I personally prefer the standard alloys over the options although the rotors are nice. The standard look a 'little' like the Porsche GT3 RS - which I do like!

I think the standard alloys also have more depth?

2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS wheels

2017 Audi A5 39

DSC 1562 01 01

Attachments

• 2017-Audi-A5-39.jpg
    2017-Audi-A5-39.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 305
  • img_2490.jpg
    img_2490.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 246
Consider Dynamic Steering if you haven't ordered already. I didn't and regret it.
I think Dynamic steering is a bit of a marmite option, you really need to test each option back to back and judge for yourself, I had it

I think this is a bit of a Marmite option, some love it but a lot of people don't get on with it, I'm in the latter camp, I think it's exaggerated if you drive another car regularly that doesn't have this type of technology, makes it feel a bit artificial.

Just my opinion of course, options are always very subjective.

hmm, now I'm starting to think I should keep the standard alloys....

I agree, It's totally personal. My other car is the mk7 Golf R which has the equivalent steering as standard kit. What I see to be different is 1 full turn to full lock rather than 1.5 turns to full lock? It doesn't sound much of a difference but it makes the Golf steering more pointy/sporty and I would say more accurate. It's an expensive option on the S5 but I'll definitely spec it next time. Love the car otherwise!

The standard alloys are one of the best Audi have made in my opinion. Have an up close look and feel of them. The gloss anthracite is lovely, they are so easy to clean, but importantly to me, the dirty up well - they look as good dirty as the do clean!

Reactions: R.A.G
hmm, now I'm starting to think I should keep the standard alloys....

The rotors are nice but I agree with some of the other comments about the standard alloys, if they had been an option I would have happily paid more for them, they suit and complement the car perfectly. Only slight critism is they could be larger (granted at the detriment of ride quality), the same alloy in 20" would be awesome!

Reactions: Blessed_Badger
Can I ask what you're paying monthly and what you're deposit was after the discount down to around £43k??

4k down and 500 PM over 48 months with 12k miles per year

car arrived at the dealer this week. pick up on the 1st Sept. Wasn't able to get the red callipers on the amended order as I took too long to get the paperwork in.

Shame re calipers but you can always get them painted if you really want them red !

I'm happy to swap my upgraded alloys for the standard ones if anyone wants to do that

I'm guessing yours was one of the last to be produced bust before the suspension

Picked the car up yesterday, very pleased with it and I think the alloys I chose were the right choice. Its going back to Audi next month for the windows to be tinted and the callipers to be professionally repainted in red.

Attachments

• IMG_0311.JPG
    IMG_0311.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 239
One of the guys on the A3/S3 forums just collected his new S3 BE which has very similar alloys, he had Audi powdercoat part of the alloys black, they look good:

fullsizerender-6-jpg.135016