S5 4.2 V8 bhp???

marcusoz

Hi,

I have a S5 4.2 V8 2008. I have just had new clutch/flywheel, teraclean, engine stripped carbon cleaned manually, custom exhaust and ECU mapped as much as possible. Put it on the dyno today and I'm getting 351 bhp.

What should I be expecting? The man that tuned it thinks I should be getting about another 15/20 bhp.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Marcus

Shrek5

With a map I might expect a little more but the V8 isn't particularly amenable to tuning (unless you go the supercharger route), so whilst a little on the low side considering a 'map' not that far off new. You don't mention whose map it is, that might help give an idea of what you should be expecting. Also what exhaust is it? It's possible if it's not a good one it is hindering performance.

marcusoz

It was angel tuning that did it. He was saying that the MAF sensor might be playing up?The exhaust is just a custom made exhaust, maybe it might be slowing it down as it was just made in his garage.

Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps

Removing the cats will make a nice difference with a lot of scope for more improvement' you should see around 370bhp 465nm just of a map

Vibe

Also you don't just want to look at bhp... with the V8 not being great to tune its more about the power delivery that the map should improve

marcusoz

Sorry Vibe you are right.... Forgot to say that the torque has gone up by about 25 lbs/ft since mapping.