S5 (3.0 litre Super charged) - difference in D vs S

Snake Pliskin

Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Those of you who have an S5 with the 3.0 litre supercharged engine, what differences do you find driving the car in D vs S ?

I imagine it will hold the revs longer in S etc, but any other changes re engine / exhaust note etc ?

I only sampled the demo car in D so just wondering now how S would differ.

As you predicted, the S mode holds the revs longer. There's no discernible change in exhaust note or power per se, but being a supercharged vehicle, it creates the most power at redline. Essentially, the higher shift point gives you more power.

As a potential customer, look more into the Audi Drive Select feature, which changes throttle input, the electromagnetic steering and dampening (if available) and the sport differential (if available). Dynamic mode is FUN and I'd definitely recommend getting the sport diff. It changes the whole driving experience.

I was also going to advise the drive select would make allot more differences, pity they cant give you an option to hook the S mode automatically with one of the select settings, all configurable via the mmi, maybe later :)

Reactions: Evan@APR
Cheers Guys - appreciate the feedback ... much appreciated :thumbsup: