S5 2017-2019 stock exhaust options

aw85

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Hello from a newcomer to the forum and maybe S5 owner soon.

Question: was there only 1 stock exhaust in S5 B9, pre-facelift ie. 2017-2019? And is it the standard stock exhaust which has active valves? Or, perhaps like for RS5, was there an optional "Sport exhaust system" for S5 too?

To put my question in context. I am considering to buy in the UK a used certified S5, as an alternative to C43 (not decided yet). I already found out regarding C43, that if someone cares about exhaust sound, AMG performance exhaust is a must AND it has to be already in the factory specification of a particular car, because the performance exhaust can not be added later, at least not the original AMG performance exhaust (other non-AMG exhausts, like Remus, AWE, of course can be, but not the AMG PE). I can't tell a technical explanation, but maybe the reason is that in the Mercedes there is a physical exhaust button in a cabin + some ECU setup and they can't be simply added.
There are owners of C43 who regret not having AMG PE, if they did not realise on time, ordering a new car. I'd like to avoid such mistake, if I decide for S5 finally.

In contrary to C43, apparently there isn't any issue to add M-performance exhaust to a BMW 440i, even if a car does not have it from a factory.

How is it for Audi?

Greatly appreciate your feedback.

Greetings from Cyprus,
Adam

Last edited: