S4 Xenons

chewiechew37

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2001 S4 that came without the 'optional' HID headlights. I am curious if it's resonably possible to install the OEM S4 HID headlights? Or would this be too costly. I know it's anal but I am not a fan of aftermarket HID kits, mostly because of reliability issues. Any info or even who I could contact for more help would be appreciated.

the OEM headlights cost about £400 a side i think but that was for the headlight compleat (does yours have projector lights?) so the aftermarket ones i bought for £90 don't seem to bad as if they go wrong you can buy anouther set and you still haven't spent as much as if you went the OEM route. there was someone selling some OEM bulbs and ballast in the classified section the other day for £120

if your looking to buy an oem set of hid's i have a set and due to me smashing the front of my car in they are only 3 years old...
i dont need them anymore due to the size of the turbo im now running
so if you would like them pm me..:icon_thumright:

The halogen enclosures are slightly different to the xenon's. Mainly in the ballast location and the projector unit/fresnel lens/bulb fitting.

If you have twin H7 S4 halogen headlights and want to retrofit OEM xenons, the best thing to do is to swap the complete lowbeam projector/lens unit for a pair from German or USA ebay. (might need to reverse/switch cutoff)

Ballasts and bulb setups are also readily available on ebay, but i would go for the later 42w type.

Chewie,
The Xenon units should be a straight swap as Xenons were standard on the B5 S4 so likelyhood is that at somepoint someone as replaced the lamp units with halogen ones.

John